Coopers Community

To do ...

King Ruddager

I have a list of about 30 beers to do from Peter Symon's  "Bronzed Brews"  and "6 O'Clock Beers".  Next cab of the rank will be the 1917 Resch's XXX and after than a 1879  "Flower & Sons Extra Export Indian Pale Ale" who were an English brewer.     However, before any of that I have a Porter/Stout to make for my son. I will knock that over this week and then back into production for my self and start on the Resch's. 

• Like 3

Pretty much got my brew list sorted for upcoming brews. The stout will be getting bottled today, that sucker took forever to finish off.

Next up will be a ESB, a redo of my pale ale from last year, and a tweak on the Little Red Wagon ale I’ve just popped the top on. Came very close, I think a little cooler on the temp control and a tweak on the balance of crystal as I think I’m just a little heavy on the dark crystal, but it’s still very, very good.

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

Well it's been a long time since I visited this thread! Looks like I did 75% of my last list, but still haven't got around to the SNPA clone.

Right now I'm thinking ...

1. Amber ale (definite - ordered the ingredients for this weekend)
  2. Nelson single-hop IPA
  3. Experiment to compare different types of roasted malts (black, choc, carafa, roast barley ...)

That's about as far forward as I dare look 😂 I'm also keen to do a "Big Ripper" (which would be a bigger version of my red rye IPA), another XPA, and (one day) the SNPA clone.

Looks like I'm out of lager mode and well into hopsland now.

The commercial version of the beer does not seem to be available.  It was probably a Limited Release.

A screen shot was sent to me.  The recipe is:

747280156_ModusOperandi-RussianImperialStout.thumb.png.39432dfdc580556d7a7f063608b452c5.png

I have most of the ingredients ready to go.  I could not get Gladfield Flaked Barley, Roasted Barley or Eclipse Wheat but replacing these with Joe White Roast Barley, Blue Lake Flaked Barley and Briess Midnight Wheat.  Plus I will be adding Rice Hulls for spargability.

I could not properly understand the hop schedule.  But I am using 39g Magnum and 4g Columbus at 60 minutes for 43 and 5 IBU's respectively, and 32g East Kent Goldings at 10 minutes for 6 IBU's.

I will be doing water additions to change my Melbourne Water to suit the Imperial Stout style.

• Like 1