Coopers Community

To do ...

King Ruddager

6 hours ago, King Ruddager said:

I have bought some Kveik yeast incidentally and it has a short shelf life, so new Viking Beer coming up soon!

If I'd had to guess, I would have said your MOTB entry was going to be a Viking Beer.

Bought a new kitchen fridge yesterday. Picking it up tomorrow. So my to do list now includes buying another fermenter, and setting up the old kitchen fridge outside next to the existing brew fridge. Just waiting on the inkbird to arrive. Then I can figure out a way to set that up to stop the dogs from chewing the wires. At this point I'm thinking duct taping the temp probe to the side of the fridge, which will be hard up against the fence, so I should be able to put the inkbird on top of the other fridge, feed the probe wire through the fence and into the hinge side of the door. Just hope it's a long enough probe wire. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, King Ruddager said:

I always like it when this thread comes up because I get to look back and see whether or not I did what I said a few months ago. The answer is usually ... "sometimes"

Anyway, let's do it again!

1. A yummy leftovers pale
  2. An all-mosaic IPA
  3. An English bitter

All look the goods KR! I’d be interested to see how the IPA turns out!

2 hours ago, King Ruddager said:

I always like it when this thread comes up because I get to look back and see whether or not I did what I said a few months ago. The answer is usually ... "sometimes"

Anyway, let's do it again!

2. An all-mosaic IPA
  3. An English bitter

I love this thread. Most of the time when I look back I never brewed what I said I was going to brew

• Haha 1

What to brew next is always a time of much pondering and tinkering with recipe ideas, but one thing that tends to influence my choice is any hops I might have sitting in the freezer waiting to be used.  As it happens it's leftover goldings and fuggles, 25g of each from the previous English Biiter... so do I brew another bitter?   Or something else that suits these hops?  🤔

1 hour ago, King Ruddager said:

Hang on, what's your motivation though? You haven't made it through to the finals or something have you?

Ahh yes actually. You obviously haven’t been following the MOTB thread 😊

In fact, three of us from the forum made it through!

Was really surprised when I got the email, was totally not expecting it.

Edit: Make that 4 of us!

Edited by NewBrews

• 2 weeks later...

I never follow my to do list.............

Due to low stock levels a simple pale is next up. I have never used chinook so I’ll try that and I thought I would try 10% Vienna malt just to see what that brings. 
Brew day is my next day off which is 9 days away. 
Beer Baron

ACA51657-2B54-4A77-A76C-6A57BCC10AC2.jpeg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/30/2019 at 1:46 PM, King Ruddager said:
  2.  An all-mosaic IPA
  3. An English bitter
  1. Check.
  2. Check ... although it became simcoe due to a temporary shortage of mosaic at Beerbelly
  3. Time to visit the recipe thread I suppose!

Not bad for a change 😊 I did wedge in a second FWK brew after the pale, but that's because the good people at All Inn made me do it.

• Like 2