Coopers Community

To do ...

King Ruddager

1. Leftovers extract IPA

2. Quick Rick (a straight forward pale ale for my brother & his father in law)

3. Hush Pale Ale

4. Coopers Toucan Saison (but this will probably get brewed in Nov/Dec once it heats up).

Hey brewsers!

Quick Rick has been sent out to the punters. I kept a few tallies and it's a nice looking beer. Good colour for a tin of OS Draught & 1.5 Coopers LME. The Leftovers extract IPA turned into a Kits & Bits UK IPA and is conditioning nicely coming up to 4 weeks in the bottle. Hush Pale Ale was put on the back burner and I made a Summer Draught instead. I'll save the Hush PA recipe for when I can ferment at 18 degrees.

Revised TO DO list:

1. Coopers Saison

2. Beekeeper

3. Unreal Ale with reactivated CCA yeast & left over hops (Galaxy & Summer)

Cheers + beers,

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

Erkie derkie ...

1. Oatmeal'd TC Irish Stout (promoted why not)

2. Viking Beer IV

3. Smurto style golden ale with leftover hops (I've got lots of hallertau and tettnang - would that work?)

4. English IPA' date=' Big Island style (keeps getting pushed down)

5. Some other concoction involving leftovers[/quote']

Oatmeal'd TC Irish Stout is happily fermenting - I guess that means it's time to resurrect the Viking Beer thread smile Is Chad around?

Evening Brewers

Just finishing off the Russian Imperial Stout and then will wait for the Saison weather to arrive. Should be an interesting change from the English style ales (Coopers Real Ale, Draught, IPA, ESVA, RIP) in the cellar at the moment.

Sunday's social event will be the Blessing of the Shed, followed by beer tasting. (Above brews, plus a few dusty ones from the back of the cellar, served in 2 ounce glasses.)

Should be a pleasant afternoon.

Cheers,

Mike

Brew Dudes

I'm really hanging out for my next brew day, I am anxiously waiting for the Aussie Post deliveryman to drop off my pump, filter and airstone. He pulled up outside yesterday and proceeded to drive off without making a delivery. Ordered from WA last Monday, Free postage of e-Bay --- sucks.

Anyhow I am planning a Golden Ale with Bramling Cross and Victoria Secret and Nottingham. Going to FWH the Bramling.

Next to do after that is another LCPA attempt, this time with the original hope schedule.

Then I will be looking to revert to an extract brew, Lusty's Mosaic Amber Ale.

Following that I will use the remaining Mosaic in an AG brew - probably a dry Hopped Golden Ale.

Cheers

Scottie

Valley Brew

MikeM: 2 ounce glasses??? I usually spill more than that before I get it into my mouth!

Scottie: Yeah. Those camel trains take a while to cross the Nullabor. But those goldens sound like it'll be worth the wait. Are they a Smurto variation? Good luck with them.

Fortunately, I'm off home for 4 days next week. Unfortunately, my brother in law has changed his mind and instead of a Scottish 80/-, he now would prefer a Scotch Ale (which I believe is also called a wee heavy). From what I've read though, there's not a lot to change in the recipe; just a few minor adjustments and a bit more kettle caramelisation.

• 1 month later...

Boy, the list is getting short now - I need some inspiration

1. English Bitter (w/1.5kg LME and goldings) - this is basically a leftovers beer

2. Dr Smurto's Golden Ale with whatever hops I have lying around

3. Big Island English IPA

4. ... a pale? Been a while. Perhaps I could experiment with technique on this one

Geez there are some ripping beers there everyone.

My all Coopers to do list, not in any order:

English Bitter (probably just with 500g ldme)

ESVA (with whatever hops I have)

Heritage Lager as per recipe

Dark Ale (pale ale can + dark malt version from recipe on cooper site)

Plus a few new ROTM in between :)

My daughters christening and first birthdaday is in April next year so I might have to grab another DIY fermenter to ramp up production!

Recipe: Kingpin II

Style: American IPA

————————–

Batch Size (fermenter): 23.00 l

Estimated OG: 1.062 SG

Estimated Color: 28.9 EBC

Estimated IBU: 63.2 IBUs

Ingredients:

————

5.00 kg Pale Malt (Barrett Burston)

1.00 kg Rye Malt (Weyermann)

0.25 kg Caraaroma (Weyermann)

0.05 kg Roasted Malt (Joe White)

30.00 g Magnum - Boil 60.0 min

20.00 g Mt. Hood - Boil 20.0 min

20.00 g Santiam - Boil 20.0 min

20.00 g Mt. Hood - Boil 5.0 min

20.00 g Santiam - Boil 5.0 min

White Labs Pacific Ale

————————————————————————————-

I got 7.3%.

jkqvIBl.jpg

It was an attempt at Bridgeport Kingpin.

I am not sure how close it is but it is great.

Caramel nose with some spice. Rich, bitter, spicy and dry. Really really nice.

Next 2 batches will be a (1) alcoholic ginger beer and (2) a big arse hoppy IPA of some sorts.

After this I intend to try my first stove-top all grain brew. Any suggestions for a nice and simple all grain brew to start with? I enjoy a good pale ale and IPA.

Cheers,

Pete

1. English Bitter (w/1.5kg LME and goldings) - this is basically a leftovers beer

I've upgraded this to Hairy's biitter, which will make it the third forum member's recipe I've brewed after Chad's Big Island IPA and SteveL's Porter, both of which were excellent.

I'll be brewing as follows:

1.7kg English Bitter kit

1.0kg light DME

250g caramunich (instead of medium crystal)

20g EKG @10

20g EKG steeped

I've upgraded this to Hairy's biitter' date=' which will make it the third forum member's recipe I've brewed after Chad's Big Island IPA and SteveL's Porter, both of which were excellent.

I'll be brewing as follows:

1.7kg English Bitter kit

1.0kg light DME

250g caramunich (instead of medium crystal)

20g EKG @10

20g EKG steeped[/quote']

Gee, the pressure is on crying

What yeast are you using?

Unfortunately it turns out I don't have the packet of Notto I thought I had' date=' so I've got two packets of kit yeast instead[/quote']

Cool, now I have an excuse when it doesn't turn out so well wink

Nah, the kit yeast should be fine.

Ingredients:

————

5.00 kg Pale Malt (Barrett Burston)

1.00 kg Rye Malt (Weyermann) ...

Ah' date=' I was afraid it was going to be AG. You were asking about briess rye liquid malt in a thread I found so I was hoping it was based around that.[/quote']

Ahh yes, good point.

Cherry Saison.

G'day Ben 10' date=' did you make this one? My next batch will be a raspberry petite saison [img']happy[/img]

No, should do sometime...

• 1 month later...

After a 3-4 month sabbatical, I brewed last weekend and I am back baby w00t

My next few beers on the to do list are:

1. Smash beer of some sort. Probably Marris Otter and a hop yet to be determined.

2. AG version of Lusty's Mosaic Amber Ale

3. Flanders Red Ale to be split into 4 x 5 litre demijohns for secondary.

Brew no. 1 or 2 is scheduled for 2 weeks time, once the FV is free.

It is good to be back cool

Welcome back Hairy

I'm also on a bit of a break from brewing at the moment. I broke up with the missus so now I have all this beer we'd been stockpiling to drink before I can ferment another batch, so I won't be brewing for a little while lol

At least there's plenty to enjoy in the meantime though. I do have a red ale that will be bottled today and should be ready to drink in a few weeks.

Cheers

Kelsey

Hey Hairy,

Glad to hear your back at it.cool I took a couple of months off from brewing myself until I put down a porter last weekend. I've got a Honey brown ale and maybe an Oatmeal stout planned for the near future.

Lusty will be so pleased to hear that you plan to brew his MAA.

Otto,

I'm sad to hear you and SWMBO parted ways.sad I hope it's for the best.