Brewing plans have changed again. I’m such an idiot....... 

1. Black IPA

2. NEIPA

3. Lager

Next up will be the Grainfather kit ‘The Kraken’ which is a Black IPA and it will become my winter beer even though it is quite hoppy. I had it last year and I can’t slam them down because of the darker malts. It was a very nice beer and because I’m not a massive fan of stouts it makes a great cold weather beer for me.

After the Black IPA is kegged I am going to try and make one of those fancy NEIPAs that everyone raves on about. I will just do a 12L batch and put it in my small keg to see how it tastes. I read that the hop punch fades quick and because of shift work I only drink on days off so it makes sense to make a small batch. 

When winter kicks in I’ll brew a lager or two and let them lager until the weather starts to get warmer and start spring with a clean refreshing beer. 

Beer Baron

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Beer Baron said:

1. Black IPA

2. NEIPA

3. Lager

Just make a black NEIPA and ferment with a lager yeast. Done, done and done!

Cheers, 

John 

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, porschemad911 said:

Just make a black NEIPA and ferment with a lager yeast. Done, done and done!

Cheers, 

John 

Maybe that can be a new style🤔

I've got all the ingredients on hand to make what will hopefully be a nice stout. Not too high in gravity or bitterness so should be nice by mid winter. I did a couple of tasty stouts last year without any crystal malt, so this time I'm including some for experimentation's sake. 

Aiming for 11l in the fermenter at 1.054 OG, 37 IBU and 100 EBC. No sparge 90 min mash, 60 min boil, no-chill in the kettle, fermented with WLP028 slurry.

3kg Coopers schooner ale malt

300g Voyager Chocolate malt

100g Joe White roasted barley

100g Simpson's Medium Crystal malt 

100g Simpson's Light Crystal malt 

35g EKG at FWH

Cheers, 

John

Edited by porschemad911
  • Like 3

Looks like a nice recipe John. I'll probably be putting my somewhat bigger stout on tap once these current two kegs are gone. It can then occupy the rear spot in the kegerator for the 2-3 months of colder weather we get. Definitely not a session beer at 8.5% 😂

• Like 1