Coopers Community

To do ...

King Ruddager

1. Chimay Blue clone

2. SteveL's porter

3. Oktoberfest

4. Lemon Zest Weizen

5. English IPA, Big Island style

Yep, my to do list is pretty full at the moment. Of course, it's always in a constant state of flux as well. The weizen has been on it for some months but keeps getting bumped; it seems to have found a happy home there towards the back of the queue I guess. I don't know how I'm going to go trying to brew a lager towards the end of September or beginning of October either - that'll be a test of my good old ice block method for sure.

Do you guys keep things organised or do you kind of just have a vague brewing horizon with a few things on it like I do?

I also had a similar problem with deciding what to brew, it has become a lot easier lately by just buying 2 of the ROTM's each month love

Now I only have to come up with 2 recipes per month..... I have 2 FVS.

Been brewing a lot of very strong and heavy beers recently too, eg: Robo Chocs and ESVA's

The lightest ABV beer Ive made in ages isthe "Golden Ale" the ROTM from may/june @ 4.5% (Mmmm Amarillo)

With spring time coming, looking forward to some lighter ales with ABV's lower than 6-7%.

Im yet to learn the art of adding lots of flavour without adding lots of Alc% devil

Cheers

Guzz

Nice thread KR!

I always have a to-brew list but sometimes the order of things can get shuffled if something goes on sale or an ingredient I've been after becomes available out of the blue. Here's my current to-brew list:

1. Leftovers extract IPA

2. Quick Rick (a straight forward pale ale for my brother & his father in law)

3. Hush Pale Ale

4. Coopers Toucan Saison (but this will probably get brewed in Nov/Dec once it heats up).

Always have a keg of "House Beer" on tap - sort of like American Amber Ale (being mid-strength, it's kind of like an English Mild with extra late hops). So this is brewed on a regular basis, with variations of hops, yeast and spec grains sideways

The other keg holds what I call "special brews". I'm more inclined to drink the "House Beer" (being lower alcohol and very tasty) so the special keg, depending on the taste of visitors, may be a bit slower to run dry. The regular Special Brew list includes:

Lemon Myrtle Witbier

Choc Magnum Porter

Joannie Nan Taylor (inspired by Liberty Ale)

Patricia's Stout (like Guinness but better)

Don's Song RIPA

Darth Weizer (Dunkel Weizen)

Motueka Dive Bomber (power hopped American Brown Ale)

Also do bottle brews for friends and family (I get to keep a few for myself):

Lemon Myrtle Witbier (great on tap and bottle)

She-May Premiere

Saison Depardieu

Gerald's Yorkshire Bitter

Clips-Ale Wet Hop Ale (brewed every year with my brother)

Of course, there is a never ending list of trial recipes that may or may not make it to the ROTM. Also development brew can recipes for Coopers and other labels. Only bottle about 6 to 12 from a trial brew and the rest gets tipped. sad Was sad at first but over time I've toughened up tongue

I tend to make what I feel on the day. Made a lager recently because I made an Julebryg based on the Tuborg one, so I smashed out an Aussie Premium Lager too.

This was followed by a Saison because I had the yeast, and an IPA because I love them so.

Currently it is based on zero outlay brewing as I have some stuff here and just go with that.

I feel your pain though.

Hi guys.

Being a hop-head of sorts, my brewing tends to lead me in directions around what hops I have in the fridge at any given time that I feel I need to use up. Unfortunately for me every time I visit the homebrew shop there seems to be another hop I haven't used & want to try, therefore my fridge often has up to a dozen or more different varieties in it at any one time! sideways

It's good in one way, that it forces me to experiment with different combinations perhaps more than most, but it can be a PITA by the same token sometimes! pinched

I'm a Pale Ale drinker as a mainstay & the bulk of my brewing centres around this style & I alter my malt bills, yeasts & hopping levels in this category more than any other. I don't have quite the repertoire of regular recipes as PB2, but I now have 4 that I make sure I brew each year. cool

...I don't brew until I'm told what my decision was.

Given your past dimensional descriptions & notations of the fair "Brunhilda"' date=' for safety reasons alone, I would suggest that to be a positive move in your best interests! Hehe! [img']biggrin[/img]

Good thread KR. cool

Cheers,

Anthony.

Evening Brewers.

I'm running out of cool weather and the wish list is Coopers ESVA, IPA and (by mid October) a Russian Imperial Toucan.

Then it will be time to pack up the FV until March - probably.

Cheers,

Mike

I have a few recipes I like to repeat.happy

I brew on "runs" with a few batches in minds for the ingredients I have on hand or on order (mainly considering the yeast). Yeast is the biggest variable in the brewery's schedule. A brewer should use a yeast culture as many times convenient before considering another. I most often have two strains going at once.

BTW, I'm glad to see a Big Island IPA make the top 5cool>

Hey Brew Dudes

I am leaning towards where Paul (PB2) sits with his hose beer theory, excepting that my brew ratio isn't quite the same. To give you an example:

1/ English Bitter (Standard) Fuggles, Maris Otter, Victory and Windsor

2/ English Bitter (Ordinary) Fuggles, EKG, Styrian, Golden Promise and Windsor

3/ English Bitter (Summer Ale) - Dr Smurtos Golden Ale

4/ English Bitter (Standard) Golden Promise, Syrian Goldings and Thames Valley Ale

5/ English Bitter (Ordinary) Maris Otter, Bambling Cross, Fuggles and Thames Valley Ale

6/ English Bitter (Ordinary) Maris Otter, Ella and Thames Valley Ale

I love variety, #1 will be a FWH, #3 will be dry hopped and #6 will be a SMASH.

I have the ingredients for a Vienna Lager but this one keeps slipping off my to do list, I reckon the grain will go to the chooks and the yeast will die a slow death in the fridge. But I am unsure the Saaz hops. Oh I got it

7/ English Bitter (Extra Special) Maris Otter, Sazz, Ella and London ESB

8/ English Bitter (Extra Special) Maris Otter, Sazz, Fuggles and London ESB.

Ain't life grand Ol' Chaps. I did promise my LHBS guy that I'd but some Chinook so perhaps a Summer Ale is on the go too.

Cheers

Scottie

BTW' date=' I'm glad to see a Big Island IPA make the top 5[img']cool[/img]>

You mean the next five tongue I'm going to try and do it with UK hops next time, so it should be an entirely different thing. I'm really enjoying the original though! Although I did modify it to 23L

6. Oatmeal Stout, with TC Irish stout as a base and oats mashed, mini-style.

Yep, I'm going to use this as an ideas thread.

Following that: 7. Viking Beer IV - it'll be about time by then.

So ...

1. Chimay Blue clone

2. SteveL's porter

3. Oktoberfest

4. Lemon Zest Weizen

6. Oatmeal'd TC Irish Stout

7. Viking Beer

1) Hefeweizen - ready for when the weather warms up

Given that you're meant to drink these fresh, I think I'll make an 11 litre batch. Using the Kit and Extract Beer Designer spreadsheet looks like a single can of Coopers Wheat LME with a 60 min Hallertauer hop boil will get me pretty much in the ballpark:

OG: 1.042

IBU: 14.4

FG: 1.011

ABV: 4.5% bottled

• 2 weeks later...
1. Chimay Blue clone

2. SteveL's porter

3. Oktoberfest

4. Lemon Zest Weizen

5. English IPA' date=' Big Island style

7. Viking Beer[/quote']

Thanks to a harvest fail, SteveL's porter jumped the queue and got brewed today. So now we have ...

1. Chimay Blue clone

2. Lemon Zest Weizen

3. Oktoberfest ale (ale now instead of lager because weather)

4. Viking Beer IV (promoted for seasonal reasons)

7. Leftovers (should have a lot by this point)

I need to work on this. I usually have a handful of beers lined up on my list but currently I only have one.

1. Coffee & Fig Oatmeal Stout

Perhaps I will add a nice lightly hopped pale ale for the summer. It has been a while since I used Galaxy so I may go with a Stone & Wood Pacific Ale clone.

OK settled:

1. Coffee & Fig Oatmeal Stout

2. Stone & Wood Pacific Ale clone

• 3 weeks later...

Well the "Chimay" is about a week in and I've got everything I need for the next one so ...

1. Lemon Zest Weizen

2. Oktoberfest ale (15-16L trial batch now instead of 26)

3. Viking Beer IV

4. Oatmeal'd TC Irish Stout

5. English IPA, Big Island style (demoted, because I'm currently drinking my last toucan)

6. Leftovers?

Hi All,

Got a few I would like to brew.

1 Hefe weizen (this weekend)

2 Lagunitas IPA clone (hops are on their way)

3 Aussie hop IPA (see above)

4 Saison (was planning to earlier but keeps getting bumped down the order)

5 Imperial Stout (

Will make some hopped APA's which is my main sessional beer in between the above ones

Also wouldn't mind making a Chimay blue clone (do you have a good recipe for this KR)

Cheers,

Tonny

• 3 weeks later...

Done the wheat beer and oktoberfail now - let's see what's left ...

1. Oatmeal'd TC Irish Stout (promoted why not)

2. Viking Beer IV

3. Smurto style golden ale with leftover hops (I've got lots of hallertau and tettnang - would that work?)

4. English IPA, Big Island style (keeps getting pushed down)

5. Some other concoction involving leftovers