Coopers Community

Recipe Reviews

davids47

In the recipe section could it be possible at the bottom of each recipe that club member that have made that particular recipe could leave comments saying what it actually turned out like ,

What A company wants to sell you and what it is selling can be two things entirely different, so a reviews from the Home Brewers might be very helpful to amateurs like myself

• 11 months later...
In the recipe section could it be possible at the bottom of each recipe that club member that have made that particular recipe could leave comments saying what it actually turned out like ' date='

What A company wants to sell you and what it is selling can be two things entirely different, so a reviews from the Home Brewers might be very helpful to amateurs like myself[/quote']

I agree. Something like how they do it on Amazon would be nice, where you can write a little review and rate the recipe, and then user's could in turn rate the review, which could be sorted into most helpful positive and most helpful negative. It would be nice to compare at a glance which recipes are the most popular, and the highest rated etc.

It would be nice if this could be extended to user posted recipes as well.

Hi Christina.

In the recipe section could it be possible at the bottom of each recipe that club member that have made that particular recipe could leave comments saying what it actually turned out like ' date='

What A company wants to sell you and what it is selling can be two things entirely different, so a reviews from the Home Brewers might be very helpful to amateurs like myself[/quote']

I agree. Something like how they do it on Amazon would be nice, where you can write a little review and rate the recipe.

It would be nice if this could be extended to user posted recipes as well.

I actually like the fact that this forum is (for a better word) uncomplicated. Many other forums & websites out there create these types of input, & what you often end up with is 50% of people saying something positive about it, & 50% of people saying something negative about it. The person reading the reviews is then left asking themselves, "Well do I buy this product or not?", as there is nothing conclusive one way or the other about the reviews collectively.

And then there are those sites where you read a number of reviews, & they are all glowing in high praise, where I begin to wonder if they are the only ones being displayed, & the negative ones are simply turfed. wink

I also like recent relevant discussion, as opposed to reading reviews from years ago.

Just my two cents. innocent

Lusty.

And then there are those sites where you read a number of reviews' date=' & they are all glowing in high praise, where I begin to wonder if they are the only ones being displayed, & the negative ones are simply turfed. [img']wink[/img]

I also like recent relevant discussion, as opposed to reading reviews from years ago.

Just my two cents. innocent

Lusty.[/size]

It is true this site has many charms, and maybe being uncomplicated is one of them. biggrin I must say I am more active here than on any other site....

I think everyone realizes when they read reviews that you can't please all of the people all of the time, but I still find it helpful to read the ones on Amazon. When it comes to reviews, I guess you have to trust the integrity of the site's operators that the negative ones are not being turfed, and that the positive ones are not being written by staff. I actually trust Coopers not to do that....PB2 and his gang work hard to make their recipes tasty, so folks will be repeat customers. I think they are confident in their product, and therefore don't feel the need to control the forum (plus if they did it would not be as popular as it is)....

A recipe will only go so far anyway. How it gets brewed is the other part of the equation. tongue

A recipe will only go so far anyway. How it gets brewed is the other part of the equation. tongue

True story. And I think at the very least, beer taste is too subjective for reviews to work well. And individual's tastes develop over time too - I used to drink TEDs and currently my palate says Hoegaarden tastes like cat's piss strained through a bagful of sailor's sweaty balls - my appreciation for the complexity of different beer is still developing.

Archived