Coopers Community

1664 Blanc recipe

Jonesy

Hi everyone!

Just received a Coopers DIY kit for my birthday and I'm excited to start brewing straight away. I'm a huge fan of 1664 Blanc and so happy that Coopers are now importing it! Does anyone have a basic recipe or any suggestions on how to brew something similar? I'm a total noob so please excuse my lack of knowledge.

Cheers

Hi Jonesy & welcome to the forum.

Hi everyone!

Just received a Coopers DIY kit for my birthday and I'm excited to start brewing straight away. I'm a huge fan of 1664 Blanc and so happy that Coopers are now importing it! Does anyone have a basic recipe or any suggestions on how to brew something similar? I'm a total noob so please excuse my lack of knowledge.

I work in a bottleshop & haven't seen it as yet. Hopefully that changes soon. unsure

It is listed as a wheat beer' date=' but I get the feeling there is a twist somewhere in its makeup from what we might expect of a standard wheat beer. Hints of citrus & coriander spice are mentioned in its profile that would suggest to me it is possibly along the lines of a Belgian Wit beer.

I'd prefer to taste the beer before commenting any further.

I had a quick look around the forum for older recipe posts, but unfortunately I couldn't find anything that seemed completely positive.

Hopefully someone who has tried the commercial beer will post something that might help steer you in the right direction. [img']unsure[/img]

Cheers,

Anthony.

Archived