Coopers Community

** 2014 Coopers Commercial Vintage Ale **

Beerlust

Hi guys.

For those that are part of the Coopers Club, you would have already been notified via email about the imminent release of the 2014 Coopers Commercial Vintage Ale. This brew has never disappointed year after year despite the variety of changes that are made to the recipe each & every year.

I'm actually really excited to see what Coopers have done with it this year. Mainly which hops have been chosen in the mix (maybe it is just the hops, not sure on that one! unsure).

Marketing-wise Coopers really seem to be "talking it up" a bit more than usual this year, which I think is great, & has certainly grabbed my attention. cool

For those that aren't part of the Coopers Club, I shouldn't really tell you this, but you can actually enter a competition to win a limited edition Vintage Ale pack that coincides with the release.

Coopers Vintage Ale website

A nice video that I guess we might see on the TV as well? unsure to heighten the expectations around the release. cool

I hope I'm one of the lucky fellows that wins one of the Vintage Ale packs. If not, I'll still be buying a few slabs of the 2014 version regardless.

Good show & well done Coopers! happy

Anthony.

• 2 weeks later...

Cellarbrations on Fullarton Rd, here in Adelaide. Dan Murphy's had it out the back but said they wouldn't be putting it out for sale until friday. Cellarbrations however got it in yesterday and had it available today.

I put my entry into the comp, and am waiting with baited breath to see if I was one of the lucky ones.

Just not so keen on the whole details being used for marketing purposes, but supposedly you can opt out.

Either way I usually let unknown callers slip through to the keeper.

I assume being a member the first point of contact will be via email anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

Bought a carton of the 2014 esva last night.

At first I was really disappointed with the lack of hop aroma and the obscene alcohol taste.

But as I got through it and as the beer warmed up it became much better and I started to enjoy it!

The fact that I can brew about 4-5 cartons of it for the price of one commercial carton really makes me love homebrew even more. Especially because I rate my homebrew version higher than the commercial version!

Both the homebrew version and the commercial version I found had a very similar bitterness and believe it not, very similar yeasty esters. Homebrew version is definitely much hoppier, the initial hit from the citra and Chinook in the HB version is what brings it home in my opinion.

Will see how the commercial esva ages. Any tips on storage?

Archived