Coopers Community

The on line store

davids47

Is there any reason that Coopers store cant sell grains and yeasts like a home brew shop,

i have bought a couple of items off line from them ,but when i have to go and get yeast and malts grains ect ,

I don't buy on line from coopers store might as well give it to shop But i would be handy seeing my closest hoomebrew shop is over an hour away

there is one closer with hellish over inflated prices but its just a health shop selling a few cans of kits

just my 2 cents worth

I suppose it boils down to the simple fact that Coopers is a large volume commercial brewery that primarily produces a finished product, that being salable bottled & kegged beer. The malt extracts & kits it produces, are again manufactured on a large production scale.

Moving into the sale of raw brewing materials such as grains & hops would almost be detrimental to the production, promotion & sale of their extracts & kit tins. Also small volume sales of grain & hops etc. to individual home brewers logistically just wouldn't be worth the effort for the returns (I think).

That's just my take on it. wink

Cheers,

Anthony.

It could also be that the volume of sales won't be there to make it profitable carrying a variety of extra lines of products.

I am guessing that the majority of people using Coopers products would be Kit & Kilo type brewers.

Archived