Coopers Community

Shipping free rationale

Hello,

I'm a fairly new brewer and have ordered 3-4 batches of brews etc from the Coopers store - always shipping free (once via promo code and twice over $85).

Shipping free is compelling compared to a trip to the LHBS, IMHO (sorry, couldn't resist).

What guides the shipping free strategy. Seasonal? Volume based?

I'm interested because if there is another on the way, I might hold off the next order. Otherwise it will be LHBS.

Kindest, Purdij.

Hello Purdij,

Thanks for your enquiry.

There isn't any real sequence to when we run shipping promotions. We like to try and run something every 4-6 weeks but there is no real pattern.

Usually around Xmas, Fathers Day etc we could probably guarantee a promotion of some type would be running but all other times is just at random!

Because you are member of the Coopers Club you will always be one of the first notified via email when a shipping deal is on.

Cheers,

Coopers

Support your LHBS

(sorry Coopers' date=' I'm sure you understand)[/quote']

I am sure Coopers would support that notion as the vast majority of sales would come from those shops.

G'day Purdij,

While I do concur with the king, about supporting your local brew shop, I know what it can be like if you don't have ready access to one. When I lived in Alice Springs, it was virtually impossible to get any homebrew supplies locally, freight was a killer so freight paid deals were the go. Now that I have moved to Port Lincoln, there are a number of homebrew outlets, no specific stores but a lot of stores and supermarkets that supply homebrewing gear. It does mean a bit of running around to complete an order but it I don't mind that for the convenience of having the product here. There used to be many outlets in Alice Springs at one stage too but the lack of patronage saw them shut down and we were left with no option but mail order....just keep that in mind...wink

Archived