Coopers Community

1st IPA FG Help

Hi I have currently a Coopers IPA brewing.

The ingredients were -

Coopers IPA Can

1kg Light Malt

24gram Cascade Hops

Safale US-05 Yeast

Its been on for nearly 4 days so i tested the FG and its at 1024, and started at 1044.

Im not too sure, but the yeast has bee active for about 3 days. I have also just taken the krausen collar off.

Should the FG be lower? I was going to leave in in for 2weeks. It also tastes fine.

I can add the kit can yeast if required, or more malt/sugar if recommended to get the FG down. Any tips welcome thank you.

Hi Shibby.

Your eagerness shows through your post. smile

Right now, you just need to switch off, relax, & let the brew do its thing for a few more days. US-05 is a very reliable yeast from my brewing experiences with it, so just be patient at this stage.

In the meantime, don't open the lid of your fermenter & just let it be. In a couple of days (Day 6-7), draw a small sample off & tip that, then draw another sample & take another hydrometer reading. This 6-7 day reading is what I & most of the guys & gals here on the forum will be interested in next before suggesting anything further.

Out of curiosity, what temperature has your brew been fermenting at? unsure

Cheers,

Anthony.

Thanks for the responses, I wont be lifting the lid, it only came off for the removal of the krausen collar, which I managed to do quickly in about a second.

I bought an adapter on ebay to regulate a fridges temp, so with this yeast it started at 22, and over 12 hours I got it down to 18. The yeast says 15-24 (Safale US-05 Yeast) on the packet.

Archived