Coopers Community

Yeast Slurry Question

Beerlust

What would happen if you got some Bottles of coopers and drank most of the beer left say quarter of a bottle and put that on top of your beer in FV to give it the yeast would that work or not

I know you would have to drink the six pack but i am willing to try,

Hi david.

What would happen if you got some Bottles of coopers and drank most of the beer left say quarter of a bottle and put that on top of your beer in FV to give it the yeast would that work or not

You can reactivate the Coopers Commercial Ale Yeast from the bottles' date=' & use it to ferment your brews.

PB2 has outlined the procedure for correctly doing that over in the FAQ section of the forum.

Reactivating Coopers Commercial Ale Yeast

I've used the procedure quite a number of times & it works a treat. If you want to get close to reproducing a Coopers ale beer, then being able to use their commercial ale yeast is a big part of that.

Cheers,

Anthony.

Yes.

Alternatively - and I did this with an Irish Red - when bottling is done simply swirl the fermenter and grab half a bottle or more of the slurry.

Clean FV as usual, throw in next beer and pour in the slurry.

Yes.

Alternatively - and I did this with an Irish Red - when bottling is done simply swirl the fermenter and grab half a bottle or more of the slurry.

Clean FV as usual' date=' throw in next beer and pour in the slurry.[/quote']

I did precisely this with the Chocliqueur stout that I put down yesterday.

I sanitised a protein shaker and scooped out about half of the slurry and pitched it in just before pitching my dry yeast. The ferment started very quickly and boy did that krausen grow!

Archived