Coopers Community

Recipe of the Month

wizbang04

Which leffe and Chimay did you buy?

G'day Tonny,

I grabbed the white cap Chimay and the Leffe was the blonde says it's an Abbey Blonde.

I think I preferred the Chimay the most. At first with the leffe I though it tasted like tooheys new though as it warmed a little I enjoyed it more.

I'll have to try a couple of la trappe blondes then.

Cheers Nathan

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I wonder where Coopers got the inspiration for this one? whistling

biggrin

I'll be brewing this one too.

I like the recipe a lot. I reckon the OS Lager is a great choice for part of this brew & it's nice to see Coopers haven't forgotten about it when it comes to considering it for inclusion in ROTM's. tongue

I have to admit it's a favourite style of mine & I know the flavours here pretty well.

Get your ROTM pack & enjoy a really delicious beer as an end result. cool

Cheers,

Anthony.

Hi Hairy. smile

I have seen your other thread. I can't believe you have just ripped off the Recipe of the Month.

Given the dates of my thread' date=' I don't think it's me doing the "ripping off". [img']wink[/img]

Nice to see "Mosaic Amber Ale" in lights though! joyful

Cheers,

Anthony.

I agree, Hairy, but you know the old saying, "look after the pence and the pounds will look after themselves" (I did say it was an old saying!). We all know BeerLust has problems biggrin, and plagiarism is probably one of the least of them.

Yet I'm much more concerned about Magnaman's long term fetish with ducks. It's got to be at least 6 months now and if anything its getting worse. I just hope he understands and is willing to admit he has a problem, and seek professional help. Don't be too concerned, Mr Mitshubishi, it'll be covered by medicare.

BTW, after doing my first mosaic inspired brew and having a taste, I'm really impressed with this hop. I'm certainly going to do this ROTM, even if PB2 has left a portion of his pants in there.

Hi Hairy. smile

I have seen your other thread. I can't believe you have just ripped off the Recipe of the Month.

Given the dates of my thread' date=' I don't think it's me doing the "ripping off". [img']wink[/img]

Nice to see "Mosaic Amber Ale" in lights though! joyful

Cheers,

Anthony.

Semantics Lusty. Dates are irrelevant.

Phil, I believe Magnaman has a flock of ducks at home. Purely for the scientific study of determining witches.

He may also keep them lined up in a row.

Hi P2. smile

...the old saying' date=' "look after the pence and the pounds will look after themselves"[/quote']

That does hold some truth to me. I find the less I look after the pence the more I whack on the pounds! lol

We all know BeerLust has problems biggrin

Yes' date=' yes indeed I do. As do we all in our own ways * [i']glug glug[/i] * & in our own lives, * glug glug *so I know I'm not alone * glug glug * here. wink

Yet I'm much more concerned about Magnaman's long term fetish with ducks. It's got to be at least 6 months now and if anything its getting worse. I just hope he understands and is willing to admit he has a problem' date=' and seek professional help. Don't be too concerned, Mr Mitshubishi, it'll be covered by medicare.[/quote']

The repetitive references to ducks I too find a tad disturbing, but apart from that, being a fellow mitsubishi owner, I find much of his cander, humor, interest, & want to make great beer, quite appealing to read questions of & thoughts on. cool

BTW' date=' after doing my first mosaic inspired brew and having a taste, I'm really impressed with this hop. I'm certainly going to do this ROTM, even if PB2 has left a portion of his pants in there.[/quote']

The mosaic likening I fully understand, but accepting the introduction of portions of PB2's "pants in there" as part of the brew does warrant some questioning. whistling

Hey...if you like pants,....you like pants. tongue

Cheers & good luck with getting 'your pants down' brew going. wink

Anthony.

• 1 month later...

Hi K'n'K.

Hey guys' date=' I just had a question about the Midnight Mosaic recipe, why does it use the lager tin instead of say the pale ale or sparkling ale tin? What is the differeence between the lager and pale ale tins besides the yeast?[/quote']

I'm not exactly sure, but can only guess a fairly blank uninfluenced hopped malt base was wanted to build the other flavours upon. Or the O.S. Lager had a big spit about not being included in the ROTM's! tongue

Either way, I can safely say the recipe has produced a really nice beer. I've been drinking my ever so slightly altered version of the Mosaic Amber Ale ROTM from the keg the past few days.

My compliments to the chef. smile

Cheers,

Lusty.

I wonder if the brew size / ABV is right -- I like to chuck the ROTMs into IanH's spreadsheet to scale/mess with later, and noticed that the Battleship Bitter @ 23L would work out to around 5.0% ABV, whereas a 21L batch would be closer to the nominated 5.6%.

There's also a chance I've buggered it up somehow... unsure

I wonder if the brew size / ABV is right -- I like to chuck the ROTMs into IanH's spreadsheet to scale/mess with later' date=' and noticed that the Battleship Bitter @ 23L would work out to around 5.0% ABV, whereas a 21L batch would be closer to the nominated 5.6%.

There's also a chance I've buggered it up somehow... [img']unsure[/img]

When I've used Nottingham yeast I get attenuation that equates 81-83% rather than the spreadsheet suggestion of 75%. At 81% its 5.4 in the bottle. I think its a casr of ymmv.

Archived