Coopers Community

Recipe of the Month

wizbang04

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys! We've managed a miracle this Friday arvo and have been able to make up a couple more Island Toasted Coconut Porters recipe packs and Jitter Juice craft recipe packs.

Get in quick now.. before they sell out (again!). 

Shop Island Toasted Coconut Porter recipe pack here.

Shop Jitter Juice craft recipe pack here.

Just now, elLachlano said:

Nice Work @Coopers DIY Beer Team !

Oh me of little faith over here had already gone and ordered ingredients from LHBS ?

I saved a PDF down off the main recipe page though and, as a web designer, I was impressed with your robust print.css styles! ? Big ups!

</end nerdery>

Hey @elLachlano,

Yeah it's a rarity we have the additional ingredients to make up more packs, so it was smart of you to visit your LHBS.

This months recipe packs flew off the shelves, we all must need a tropical escape from these chilly mornings!

tropical GIF

Thanks for the ? re printing the recipe, nothing worse than having to deal with printing issues ?

• 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Potatoes said:

Quick question, when do you release recipe of the month? It seems to sellout every time I want to give it a go.

Dont you get the email notification that its out?

My email came in on Tues, 17th.

Hi all. This is my first post, and my 5th brew.

My problem - I started brewing the Jitter Juice yesterday and their is no sign of a krausen today (no fermentation).

The instructions said no need to stir it, but using the extract with room temp water meant that the fermentables just sat in a thick heap at the bottom of the FV with a rubbish looking OG, so I stirred it. After giving it an hour to settle, I checked the OG again and it looked solid at 1.056, so I Pitched. Here we are the next morning, and the FV is on 20C, but there is no krausen.

Have I killed it by stirring it? Or better still, how can I save it?

Cheers

PS. For those looking for the instructions/recipe for Jitter Juice, I have attached the Word Doc I made from the info on this site.

Jitter Juice.doc

Jitter Juice OG_2.jpg

Gday next brew,

Itll be fine, don’t worry about it, there’s just the lag time mate. Sometimes it’s longer than others. 

When I did extract I always stirred it up, not just to mix it all in but to get some oxygen into the wort. So I’m my opinion I think it’s better to stir up. 

Check it in another day or so and take a gravity reading to see if it’s lowered or not

Captain

Following up, RDWHAHB worked. I now have a krausen, though not as active as I'm used to seeing.

The attached JJ Krausen 1a.jpg is what it looked like in the morning, and JJ Krausen 4a.jpg is what it looked like by the afternoon.

Looking forward to putting the coffee beans in next Saturday.

Cheers and thanks again

NB

JJ Krausen 1a.jpg

JJ Krausen 4a.jpg

If it helps, the ingredients are:

1 x 1.7kg Thomas Coopers Devil's Half Ruby Porter
3 x 500g Light Dry Malt
1 x 300g Chocolate Malt Grains
1 x 200g Dark Crystal Malt Grains
1 x 25g Styrian Goldings Hop Pellets
1 x 11g Lallemand Nottingham Ale Yeast
1 x 250g Desiccated Coconut

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed that the Coopers Vintage Special Ale ROTM ingredients has 2 x 25g Aramis Hop Pellets.

However, the recipe just refers to half of one pack in the 15 minute steep and the other half as a dry hop.

Can we get some clarification on what to do with the other 25g of Aramis?  Maybe just a typo in the recipe?

12 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

I noticed that the Coopers Vintage Special Ale ROTM ingredients has 2 x 25g Aramis Hop Pellets.

However, the recipe just refers to half of one pack in the 15 minute steep and the other half as a dry hop.

Can we get some clarification on what to do with the other 25g of Aramis?  Maybe just a typo in the recipe?

Hey guys,

Apologies that is a typo, good pick up!

We originally thought we were going to pack 1 x 50gm bag of hops, and not 2 x 25gm, this is left over from the recipe adjustment.

Please add all of the remaining 37.5gm of hops into the dry hop.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Cheers

Coopers DIY Beer Team

15 hours ago, The Captain1525230099 said:

How do you go now with kit based beer now that you’ve turned into one of those “all grain snobs?”

Oh, I'm not above brewing the odd extract batch here and there. It takes a fraction of the time and adds some variety to the YouTube channel at least.

Archived