Coopers Community

Coopers 62

rusty1525229028

Tried it for the first time 'I'm hooked". Nice strong fruity taste 5%.My personal view is that Coopers pale and Sparkling leaves me bloated .

I find both ales difficult to enjoy with a meal

The "62" is more to my liking and its a beer I can easily compliment any meal.

I want to see more merchandise for Coopers 62 .

Coopers have just released their Thomas Coopers Artisan Pilsner' date=' although I am yet to find it anywhere near me.

I'm not sure what the future holds for the 62 Pilsner.[/quote']

I reckon the '62 will be pulled/phased out. The Aussie megaswill market has been less than accepting of a pilsner "named" beer for as long as I can remember, barring a small minority that are disguised as lagers, & have done fairly well.

Unless Coopers have an enduring marketing campaign planned to re-train common drinking beliefs of the masses, then at best they have room for only one pilsner in their portfolio, as it seems hard enough to sell one pilsner, let alone two competing versions from the same brewery.

Whatever their plan though, I always wish them every success. cool

Cheers,

Anthony.

I love a good pilsner but was never a fan of the 62 (read into that what you will). I am really looking forward to trying the new one.

I tried two pilsners last night. An Australian Brewery Pilsner which was quite nice but more of a new world style pilsner (I think I made that term up) with US & NZ hops. The other was a Coldstream Pilsner from the Yarra Valley which was a more traditional style pilsner but not too bad.

Hi Hairy.

I've tried the new Artisan Pilsner. It's a nice drop. Definitely better than the 62 Pilsner (IMHO).

The body is good, & the malt profile is nice. The Hallertau influence is obvious (as expected I assume).

For those that reside in Australia, Hallertau Hersbrucker is the notable hop used in the production of Crown Lager (AFAIK). Crown Lager is also more a Pilsner beer than a true lager (IMHO). whistling

An interesting direction Coopers have taken with this new Thomas Coopers beer. wink

Cheers,

Anthony.

Archived