Coopers Community

I dreamed a dream

North_Sydney_Bears

Hi Guys, Ben again.

As an enthusiastic but very inexperienced home brewer an idea came to me sometime earlier today.

As a passionate and family owned brewery, Coopers ticks all the boxes.

So I thought about a potential opportunity: Home Brewing School 101

Imagine if you could pay to spend a weekend for instance at an interactive brewing hands on facilitated and run by Coopers where you could spend 2 days with experts learning about all the different aspect of home brewing.

You could have a few different "courses" such as one for the bare basics, partial and whole grain brewing, different styles etc etc.

Being in the travel industry myself I think there could surely be a market for an all inclusive weekend in Adelaide, flying out on friday evening from what ever city you live in, a couple of nights in a city hotel with a pub crawl. A couple of demonstrations on both Saturday and sunday and then fly home sunday arvo.

Any thoughts?

Hey Ben

That does sound like a good idea. If it doesn't pan out just remember there is a wealth of information available here on the Brewers Guild. Personally I really enjoyed the two years of brewing kits, kits & bits, extract before launching into Partials with a can, Partials with extract and one all grain brew.

When you don't do a formal course you feel like a brewing pioneer.

Scottie you are spot on. In fact people like your self, beerlust, ben10, Sir les, pb2, hairy, poor muddy, john et al have been extremely helpful. Some of the detailed replies to help me have been done out of nothing more than helping another after all its an anonymous forum.

But I think a polished day with a hands on . tactile and interactive experience could really get you going.

I understand Dr Tim has previously been on the Adelaide/SA tourism board??. I think think kind of thing could really get going. While Craigtube is great, he can only demonstrate so much lol

In my dream, I had access at any time to a state of the art and fully equipped commercial kitchen as well as an unlimited budget.

I would literally have dozens of mini-brews, say 10L, going all at once and keg them.

I would start from the source and make my own malt from raw barley/wheat grain.

I would grow all my hops from my fertile small acreage.

And I would use a consulting industrial chemist to assess and correct the quality of water used.

Hey John

In my dream Nicole Kidman is walking towards me, all the time disrobing and

Cut cut cut

I mean I dream much the same as you a fully equipped brewery, I can choose 3V or Braumeister pending on the mood I'm in. The beers that I brew are the most fabulous and Nicole loves them.

Hi Muddy. smile

I hope it will be better than his video on dissolving LDM innocent

After the "dissolving LDM" video' date=' I'm sure Paul has become much more camera savvy! [img']wink[/img]

P.S. I haven't ever seen the DIY kit DVD. Does PB2 make an appearance on that? unsure

Cheers,

Anthony.

Its just starring what appears to be a white mans's arm with a voice over. In total its about 3-4 minutes.

Its divided into 30 second or so segments with a brief explanation of each step. No faces except for an animated stick figure that sits on a couch in the menu.

Yep the Paul murcurio one was a little tacky, but it was more informative and the blonde side kick was hot.

here it is:

Hey John

In my dream Nicole Kidman is walking towards me' date=' all the time disrobing and

Cut cut cut

I mean I dream much the same as you a fully equipped brewery, I can choose 3V or Braumeister pending on the mood I'm in. The beers that I brew are the most fabulous and Nicole loves them.

[/quote']

Lusty,

You are so LUSTFUL.

Hi John.

Hey John

In my dream Nicole Kidman is walking towards me' date=' all the time disrobing and

Cut cut cut

[/quote']

Lusty,

You are so LUSTFUL.

Am I being mis-quoted again? unsure

...I think I'm being mis-quoted again! lol

Scottie is the one with the Nicole Kidman infatuation on this forum! wink

Cheers,

Anthony.

Hey John

Cut cut cut

[/quote']

Oh boy yes yes yes!!!.

I like her roles she did in her early-mid-late 30's.

Those bright blue eyes and the strawberry blonde hair, oh my word I would have given my entire sack to show her what its like

Archived