Coopers Community

Home Brewer's pets

Beeblebrox

Awesome, there's nothing like a dog to keep you company.

I'd much rather spend my days with Harry than socialize with humans; dogs don't judge, don't argue, & have fairly simple needs. Meet those needs & you're rewarded with more love & trust than most humans can display.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were lucky enough to have the company of the below beautiful kelpie Islay (pronounced eyela) she came from a brood of working dogs out in West NSW.

She was the light of our lives. Super intelligent, I taught her how to count, she could bark out numbers up to 5 :-). I'd say speak 5 times and she'd bark 5 times.

We had to put her down a few years ago, she developed heart cancer, about a year after our daughter was born. Probably made sense as she didn't like children much and we couldn't have given her the attention she was used to, especially after our twin boys arrived..

Very much hope to have another 4 legged friend one day. I wish it could be another kelpie, but I guess not so great with young kids.

23jhkcj.jpg

We were lucky enough to have the company of the below beautiful kelpie Islay (pronounced eyela) she came from a brood of working dogs out in West NSW.

She was the light of our lives. Super intelligent' date=' I taught her how to count, she could bark out numbers up to 5 :-). I'd say speak 5 times and she'd bark 5 times.

We had to put her down a few years ago, she developed heart cancer, about a year after our daughter was born. Probably made sense as she didn't like children much and we couldn't have given her the attention she was used to, especially after our twin boys arrived..

Very much hope to have another 4 legged friend one day. I wish it could be another kelpie, but I guess not so great with young kids.

[img']http://i59.tinypic.com/23jhkcj.jpg[/img]

Huge working dog fan.

If I post pics of my dog - any locals here will know it's me!

Anyhow headmaster, gunna get another kelpie? I'm looking to get another - it's a pick between kelpie and a Border collie or another of what I already have (Aussie).

biggrin

Very much hope to have another 4 legged friend one day. I wish it could be another kelpie' date=' but I guess not so great with young kids.

[/img']

OMG NO! Any dog is great with kids introduced as a puppy! You can't go wrong! (unless it's Hannibal Lecter reincarnated - then get a refund).

If you bring them up as a part of the family and disregard "Dominance" and (Mexican) "Pack theory" - Cause it's a load or rubbish - you'll be fine.

GET A KELPIE PUP AKA child No #3 ?

I would love a working dog love

I could send it into the office whilst I sleep in. It would save me working like a dog innocent

1. Dogs generally don't like to sit on street corners for long periods.

2. I know there's a phone nearby' date=' but technically it's not a REAL office, & labelling it as such is probably a little misleading. [img']wink[/img]

3. Aren't you getting a bit old for this line of work? whistling

biggrin

Cheers,

Lusty.

[*] Aren't you getting a bit old for this line of work? whistling

biggrin

Cheers' date='

Lusty.[/size']

Fetishes Lusty. Fetishes. Old, bald guys are in at the moment.

lol

Dare I say it,... Yeah Yeah! biggrin

Just evening up the ledger after the McDonald's Drive-Thru sling. innocent

Cheers,

Lusty.

Fetishes Lusty. Fetishes. Old' date=' bald guys are in at the moment.[/quote']

Do you also find it a real b#tch trying to walk with the Mastercard machine strapped to the inside of your thigh? Geez I wish I could afford one of those electronic WiFi ones that fits into a manbag.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived