Coopers Community

beer glasses, thoughts?

not so newb now

I'm assuming the pint you're talking about is more similar to what we call a schooner glass (425ml); if I was on my third pint of imperial measurement I'm not sure I'd be able to make sense, much less find my way to the keyboard; though some may argue this has not stopped me typing before!

In another thread the Philosopher Beeblebrox told me that I needed to believe in something.

Well

I believe that a beer glass ain't a beer glass

to clarify

I believe that the shape of the beer glass is important in controlling the aroma.

I believe that the shape of the beer glass (mouth shape) dictates which part of the palate the beer is directed at and that enhances the flavour.

I believe that the shape of the glass is important to the appearance of the beer (ie Pilsner glass enhances the visual aspect of a highly carbonated beer).

I believe that I have the best beer glass collection on the forum.

I also believe that now that the importance of Beer Glasses has been raised to the same level as Religion and Politics I can no longer discuss them on a beer forum.

Headmaster glasses are great...and cheap (people used to leave empties on the doorstep of my old work place in Surry Hills).

My new Sierra Nevada IPA glasses are the best of course love

Muddy' date=' do you find the IPA glasses too thin?

I have had thin glasses before and crushed them when washing up. It could have been my very manly muscular grip though [img']innocent[/img]

Yeah, they are a bit thin but I just take extra care...it helps that I have girly hands though biggrin

I also believe that now that the importance of Beer Glasses has been raised to the same level as Religion and Politics I can no longer discuss them on a beer forum.

Thankfully I have missed the religion crap but surely shouldn't something be lowered to the level of religion or politics which are merely a crutch and a crock.

Archived