Coopers Community

beer glasses, thoughts?

not so newb now

any thoughts on style of beer and the glass you like to serve/drink it in if any???just picked up 2 4 packs of "craft beer?" to enjoy with some panko crumbed king goerge whiting and salt and peper squid biggrinwhale ale pale and sail and anchor monkeys fist wheat (very pleasant) and and scored 2 beer glasses as a deal, got me thinking??? hahaha not easy!tongue

I have only few different types of glasses but I generally just use a Headmaster schooner glass (or a pint glass for South Australians). It does the job well for all beers.

The Whale Ale is a nice easy drinking American wheat beer. But the Monkey Fist is a pale ale rather than a wheat beer. I had one when it first came out and thought it was ok but then I bought some a while later and they tasted like soap. It brought back memories of my punishment for swearing as a kid biggrin

I have only few different types of glasses but I generally just use a Headmaster schooner glass (or a pint glass for South Australians). It does the job well for all beers.

The Whale Ale is a nice easy drinking American wheat beer. But the Monkey Fist is a pale ale rather than a wheat beer. I had one when it first came out and thought it was ok but then I bought some a while later and they tasted like soap. It brought back memories of my punishment for swearing as a kid biggrin

What this Hairy, a schooner is 425ml and a pint is 500ish depending if you are a pommy or yank. Is there now a SA pint??

I have a pair of 500mL Ikea tankards that I use but they're not that great because I find I really guzzle from them.

What I'd really like is a set of these:

britannia-handled-beer-tankard-20oz-pint-57cl.jpg

I haven't been able to find any that are quite right though (most have a large window on one side which must be for putting a logo or something - I want the window pattern to continue uniformly around the whole thing), so the search goes on.

My missus and I have quite a few different glasses. We have some Guinness branded pint glasses, the pint glasses with the bulge near the top, a couple of Headmaster style schooner glasses, some of the chalice type ones, but these ones are my favourite of all of them. They are 380mL in size and are a perfect fit for the 355mL stubbies that we use to bottle our brews. I took to the bottom of each glass with a pencil wrapped in sandpaper to sort of do a "home made" version of a Headmaster glass, it worked a treat!

Hopefully the photo isn't too large!

1450697_10203358223024890_1298090270_n.jpg

Headmaster glasses are great...and cheap (people used to leave empties on the doorstep of my old work place in Surry Hills).

My new Sierra Nevada IPA glasses are the best of course love

Muddy' date=' do you find the IPA glasses too thin?

I have had thin glasses before and crushed them when washing up. It could have been my very manly muscular grip though [img']innocent[/img]

I have a pair of 500mL Ikea tankards that I use but they're not that great because I find I really guzzle from them.

What I'd really like is a set of these:

britannia-handled-beer-tankard-20oz-pint-57cl.jpg

I haven't been able to find any that are quite right though (most have a large window on one side which must be for putting a logo or something - I want the window pattern to continue uniformly around the whole thing)' date=' so the search goes on.[/quote']

I have a couple of these, My local dollars & cents ( cheap shop ) got boxes of them in. pattern resembles the same as whats near the base of yours but all over & all round the glass & has a bigger looking handle to fit the whole hand in. Ill get a pic in the morning if you want?

0nk4.jpg

I think you blokes are so uncouth, I thought we were all beer snobs here wink

A proper beer snob will ensure that they have enough beer glasses on hand o match the glass and style. Now I am not a beer snob but this is how I do it.

7iwf.jpg[/url]

From left to right: Hefeweizen, mid strength Aussie Pale Ale, Full Strength Aussie Pale Ale, IPA, APA, Pilsner, Lager, Belgian, Port from the Port Barrel.

Having browsed through this thread, I'd say beer glasses are a bit like religion or politics; in that you need to find what suits you, which may or may not be the same as other people that you know.

Having a difference of choice/opinion on any of these three topics (or many others besides) doesn't mean one side of the fence is necessarily wrong and the other right though, you just need to find what feels right and comfortable for you.

Thankfully for most the search for the right beer glass does not cause the existential and personality crisis that can rear its ugly head when one is searching for deeper meaning in their life through faith or political identity and affiliation.

Vive la difference!

Well wrong is a relative term.

If you mean wrong as in someone's belief doesn't gel with reality so far as the working of the universe, the afterlife if there is any and the like, it's kind of open to interpretation.

If you believe in reincarnation, you'd be inclined to follow that, as you'd be taking the word of others who say they've been here before.

I kind of lean towards Buddhism myself, but would say I'm an Atheist Philosphical Buddhist who has not committed himself to a particular faith at present.

So far as people being compatible with a particular religious affiliation; the biggest problem I can see there is that families often assume that because they belong to a faith that the same faith will be appropriate for future family members.

The same goes for political affiliation.

The other biggie is that so many faiths claim to be the one true faith, with a monopoly on their one true god, and anyone who doesn't believe is damned.

I see no reason why people can't at least tolerate others, whatever the difference; you don't have to understand or agree with everyone, but just allow others to be different and respect their right to be how they are without trying to change them and vice versa.

King, if you ever come back after death let us know which religion was the right one, until then we can just go on believing what we like.

Archived