Coopers Community

What are you listening to right now????

ben 10

What are you listening to tonight?

Pure silence, the wind and the rain. 

Hmmm a beautiful sound - but with a power outage - not so much fun.

Nicer to be able to schedule pure silence....

.... phone and notebook PC on battery are still there till they go down too...  such is life

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

On 9/19/2020 at 9:05 AM, Aussiekraut said:

Arrrrr my hearties, it's talk like a Pirate day. So something suitable for the occasion.

I'm fairly sure this is the first time I've ever heard this song. I LOVE IT! Guitars and drums is what makes music great in my opinion...and bagpipes occasionally.
I did a quick Google to discover it was released 12 years ago. Why was this never a hit on commercial radio?

• Like 4

pulled the time machine out once again 😉 lol

"Put your headphones on! Eric Stewart, a member of the great 60's Brit Pop band The Mindbenders (A Groovy Kind Of Love), left that band along with Graham Gouldman and met up with two expatriates of the band The Mockingbirds, Lol Creme and Kevin Godley. In their first incarnation as Hotlegs, they scored big in the US with "Neanderthal Man". Changing their name to 10cc, they did not have a hit in the US until 1973 with "Rubber Bullets". Two years later Eric and Graham composed "I'm Not In Love". The extremely complex production layered more than 250 vocal tracks to create the hypnotic and lush #2 pop hit. I always wanted a longer version, and with some help from the 10cc documentary, added some new elements like the Rhodes piano solo I used as the intro here and the original bridge that was replaced by the dreamy "Big boys don't cry" line spoken over an instrumental passage. Hope you enjoy this extended version. I got my inspiration from the Patricia Arquette TV show, "Medium" 2008 episode titled "To Have & To Hold".

Edited by amberfiend

Just found out Tim Smith from the Cardiacs die a couple of months ago. A bonkers, eccentric band from the 80s. This one has stayed with me since '88. Didn't even know there was a vid to this til YT came along...

From the same era, another band that reminds me of my thoroughly misspent youth... the Psychedelic Furs

Edited by Lab Cat
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Hilltop hops said:

Appears you like old school electronic music. Not sure you're into DnB but Pendulum have released new tracks. 

Yes I am, sounds just like... Pendulum.
Saw Spectrasoul, BCee, Fred V and Muzzy just before the world ended at the start of this year.

• Like 2

Yeah, I'm old but I've had this one on high rotation the past couple of days. My son and his girl have arrived back home in Adelaide to live after spending the past couple of years living in Sydney. I've been rather emotional even before sinking home brews. Hahahaaaa.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2