Coopers Community

What are you listening to right now????

ben 10

Yeah I've got it on grandstand on my phone radio app. The battery radio died recently for some reason otherwise it'd be on there. I had it on Macquarie sports until the game started, don't really like their commentary, too many ads even in the middle of the broadcast E.g. "and as we look at the scoreboard thanks to XYZ company..." bloody annoying. Besides Jim Maxwell is probably the best commentator on radio. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/1/2019 at 1:39 PM, Otto Von Blotto said:

Skull was great, that bloody laugh was hilarious 😂 also enjoyed Damien Fleming with his "bowlology". 

Back in the day I'd often mute the TV and put the radio on, but then they delayed the TV broadcast slightly so you'd hear what happened then see it a few seconds later. 

Had a slash with Flemo back in the 90,s, they were at the Victory, Michael Slater was being a tool 

• Haha 2

On 12/1/2019 at 2:39 PM, Otto Von Blotto said:

Skull was great, that bloody laugh was hilarious 😂 also enjoyed Damien Fleming with his "bowlology". 

Back in the day I'd often mute the TV and put the radio on, but then they delayed the TV broadcast slightly so you'd hear what happened then see it a few seconds later. 

… now it seems the other way... I have to stream the Radio and it's later than the TV !?  😂

So by the time I want to see the TV action and hare up to the lounge to watch out-west Sat TV there's always a bloooooody ad on?!

Edited by Bearded Burbler

1 hour ago, Red devil 44 said:

Had a slash with Flemo back in the 90,s, they were at the Victory, Michael Slater was being a tool 

Not much has changed then 😂

1 hour ago, Bearded Burbler said:

… now it seems the other way... I have to stream the Radio and it's later than the TV !?  😂

So by the time I want to see the TV action and hare up to the lounge to watch out-west Sat TV there's always a bloooooody ad on?!

Yeah I've noticed the stream is delayed somewhat. Before Macquarie shut most of its talk back shows down I'd have it on in the car then put it on my phone when I got home, and it was a good minute behind 😂

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Hairy said:

What is there left to do, but to drink and watch the view.

Always a fun gig. RIP.

Good call Hairy!  Well played and how good is this - you die at 63 an esteemed Rock-n-Roller driving a car with your new fiancé? 

Hopefully it was either an EH Holden or a VW Combi ; )

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

Looking good Aussiekraut, on to the bearded boys now 🤣🤣

DC95315B-2059-40BC-9983-3D0CBD81D88C.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

I always found this album an inspiration when cooking, so why not apply it to beer...

My first all grain batch! 

IMG_6068.thumb.jpg.6e1741df95615192a536c60a8f9e020c.jpg

I thought you were more of a Scorpions man ? Saw them last year 🍺

39 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

I thought you were more of a Scorpions man ? Saw them last year 🍺

I always liked the Scorps and I even had a chance to see them earlier this year for free but opted to spend time with my favourite human instead. Turns out, I made the right choice. The gig was horrible and Klaus Meine's voice was far from what it used to be. Listening to recent live recordings confirmed it. I was thinking about the White Snake and Scorpions gig but decided to let the legend live on in my head instead.