Coopers Community

What are you listening to right now????

ben 10

You Tube is great. All this footage from bands I was listening way back, and never knew existed, now it's at your fingers. Lots of great stuff on the AC/DC YT channel.

AC/DC at a Scottish sweatbox in '78.  If they've overdubbed this, they've done a great job. I don't think they have - AccaDacca were just that good.

Edited by Lab Rat
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, NewBrews said:

That’s the one he wants her to learn. It’s one of my favourites too.

Not easy. Knopfler uses his fingers, and all of them, much like a classical guitarist, or rather Spanish in this case. Seen recent footage of Knoplfer and even he struggles with the final solo.

I can play the rhythm - haven't tried to make it cry or sing.

10 minutes ago, Lab Rat said:

Not easy. Knopfler uses his fingers, and all of them, much like a classical guitarist, or rather Spanish in this case. Seen recent footage of Knoplfer and even he struggles with the final solo.

I can play the rhythm - haven't tried to make it cry or sing.

That’s why he wants her to learn it. She’s been doing acoustic finger style for ages and has switched to electric for rock and jazz so he thought she would like this. They noodled around a bit with it the other night and it sounded pretty good and she didn’t really know the song that well.

She’s been working on jazz quite a bit lately, but has also been doing some Satriani stuff that has been sounding great.

Edited by NewBrews
  • Like 1

Best cover band I've ever heard. Hindley Street Country Club are an Adelaide project band. The two mainstays are the bass player, Con, and keyboards man, Darren. They rotate other musos and vocalists through their line up to create some of the best covers you'll ever hear. This one no exception.
Another of their covers, Ride Like The Wind, finding it's way to be viewed by the 7 time Grammy winning writer of the song, Christopher Cross, who really loved their version and heaped the praise on them. You can follow HSCC on Facebook if you like them. (I'm not affiliated with them, by the way. Just a fan of good music.)

• Like 2