Coopers Community

What are you listening to right now????

ben 10

1 hour ago, Beer Baron said:

I’m listening to old Grinspoon and Silverchair on Spotify while sipping beers in the spring breeze.

It’s very loud!!

How awesome!!!!!

Nice! I’m going to see Grinspoon in November; it should bring back some good memories.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, The Captain!! said:

Shakey graves tonight. 

The dude is so good at dynamics it’s hard to explain without a watch. Plus it’ll give yas a break from all that metal

Pretty cool. The good stuff is out there, it's just not spoon fed through mass media. Hopefully guys like him make their way through YT. He's got a Matt Corby vibe. Corby went the mass media Idol route when younger, but has a bucketload of talent and soul. His Black Keys cover of Lonely boy was very cool, I play that one a lot, cos it's simple, but comes alive with dynamics and feel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lab Rat said:

Pretty cool. The good stuff is out there, it's just not spoon fed through mass media. Hopefully guys like him make their way through YT. He's got a Matt Corby vibe. Corby went the mass media Idol route when younger, but has a bucketload of talent and soul. His Black Keys cover of Lonely boy was very cool, I play that one a lot, cos it's simple, but comes alive with dynamics and feel.

Yeah, it is out there. I’ve been listening to this guy for a number of years now and think he’s got a good vibe. Personally I don’t see the Matt Corby thing in this dude but he (Matt Corby) is a great musician and seen him many times live. He’s got a great soul voice and musically too. The cover was a pretty cool version. You’ll find most Black Keys stuff fairly simple, I reckon. Which is good. 

A mate has posted me his bands latest Vinyl release. First album was great, and I’ve heard the studio takes of the next album. Can’t wait to hear it in full the next RnR. 

I will post once they release on Spotify or whatever.

As I've gotten older I just gravitate toward this type of music these days. It's just really cool laid back stuff that you can sit around with your friends etc. & enjoy whatever you're doing without offending anyone, & the lyrics hit a few cords with pretty much all generations on some level.

Basically cool. 😎

Cheers,

Lusty.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2019 at 8:27 PM, The Captain!! said:

Shakey graves tonight. 

The dude is so good at dynamics it’s hard to explain without a watch. Plus it’ll give yas a break from all that metal.

Yeah he's good. Reminded me a little of Newton Faulkner with his approach. The reverse kickstand base drumming was interesting to see.

Don't worry about including the metal heads for a timeout. A super fast bass player playing cords so fast it sounds like a blur hardly compares. Don't get me started on the vocals.

Lusty.

• Haha 1

I watched the video.

Some interesting points of note...

Among all the Gothic themed mayhem, they still found room for a bikini clad woman, & a van scene that had at least a dozen perfumed smelly pine trees hanging off the rearview mirror! 🤣

There were a multitude of people in the film clip. I'm guessing they were friends of the band & none of them were paid, because if they were, their chances of future acting roles have now been greatly diminished.

Lusty.

• Haha 1

On 9/12/2019 at 8:55 PM, Hairy said:

Also not metal. Redd Kross have a new album out.

On the left, a wannabe look-a-like of former lead guitarist with the Red Hot Chilli Peppers, John Frusciante. On the right, an odd elf-like version of Ricky Gervais. And last but not least, the guy in the centre appears to be aiming for some dwarf-like version of Johnny Depp playing Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean. You can tell he's a dwarf from the size of the hands.

No wonder I've never heard of them.

Bright future ahead I'm sure.

Lusty.

Edited by Beerlust

3 hours ago, der kleine Drache said:

Not bad and not awesome. I always prefered Frank Black's solo stuff to the Pixies.  To me it feels his best is when he does'nt need to compromise. 

I like both. I like the Frank Black & the Catholics stuff too.

I saw the Pixies at a festival once when Kim Deal was still with them. They were great live.

• Like 1