Coopers Community

What are you listening to right now????

ben 10

11 hours ago, der kleine Drache said:

40 seconds in you get the best of both worlds: 

I didn't think there was anything more disturbing out there than those microphone swallowers.

I was wrong. 

Mark that little isolated Bavarian town down on your tour of Germany itinerary map people, as a place to not stop the car, & just keep on driving...

Cheers,

Lusty.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, MUZZY said:

Hey Muzzy. 

They are a great band. Really don’t know why you would cover that song though. Ha ha ha

Also, I’ve never understood the whole angled fret board thing. Is it really a load of w@nk or does it make the sound better........... I’m not sure it does.

4 hours ago, The Captain!! said:

Hey Muzzy. 

They are a great band. Really don’t know why you would cover that song though. Ha ha ha

Also, I’ve never understood the whole angled fret board thing. Is it really a load of w@nk or does it make the sound better........... I’m not sure it does.

Hahaha Captain. The strange thing is when I shared the video I thought I was sharing a cover of KISS' Sure Know Something but somehow Here I Go Again has appeared.

As for the fret board question, I don't even know what a fret board is. I just hear music and if it appeals to me it gets listened to. 😀

7 hours ago, MUZZY said:

Hahaha Captain. The strange thing is when I shared the video I thought I was sharing a cover of KISS' Sure Know Something but somehow Here I Go Again has appeared.

When I saw Here I Go Again I was hoping for a cover of this one (until I realised the title was slightly different).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hairy said:

When I saw Here I Go Again I was hoping for a cover of this one (until I realised the title was slightly different).

I'm 53, Hairy, and I don't listen to much new music unless the syndicated FM rock station I listen to, plays it. I hadn't heard the song you posted before. Instantly liked it. Had all the necessary ingredients: guitars and drums. It's a shame the mainstream stations don't play more new rock, especially if they catch the ear as quickly as this one did.
Now that I've said "new" you'll probably tell me it was made in 1998 or similar. 😄

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MUZZY said:

I'm 53, Hairy, and I don't listen to much new music unless the syndicated FM rock station I listen to, plays it. I hadn't heard the song you posted before. Instantly liked it. Had all the necessary ingredients: guitars and drums. It's a shame the mainstream stations don't play more new rock, especially if they catch the ear as quickly as this one did.
Now that I've said "new" you'll probably tell me it was made in 1998 or similar. 😄

It was from an album called Mantra released in 1995.

Shelter were a Hare Krishna punk band. It is actually a really good album.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hairy said:

It was from an album called Mantra released in 1995.

Shelter were a Hare Krishna punk band. It is actually a really good album.

As I suspected. It's still a good song, even if I am 20 years behind the times.
I'm thinking of upgrading from vinyl records to CD one day soon. 😄

13 minutes ago, The Captain!! said:

Don’t do it Muzzy. Vinyl sounds much better.

Truth be told, Captain, I still listen to most of my music through the Sony 4 in 1 system (AM/FM radio, record player, CD carousel, dual cassette) I bought back around 1991.
I won a Sony record player on TripleM last year. I knew vinyl had made a renaissance so I offered it to my kids, otherwise I was going to sell it. 18 year old daughter turned her nose up at it. 22 year old son snapped it up with glee and has since built a nice size library of vinyl records, some new, some used. His collection includes Tom Jones, Elton John, CCR, Rolling Stones, Cat Stevens among others. Obviously the older songs resonate with him also.

Edited by MUZZY
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, The Captain!! said:

angled fret board

Would make bugger all difference to the sound I’d think. My guess is that it just makes the close together chords/progressions easier to play by not having to screw your hand around so much.

Especially if you have fat fingers!

That said, Ian Moss has hands and fingers like a yeti and still manages to do a pretty good job!

• Haha 1

On 7/11/2019 at 9:14 PM, The Captain!! said:

A mate of mine had one - I tried it and found it made barre chords easier to fret - but don’t think it made any difference sound-wise.

It seemed weird to me that it would make barre chords easier cuz I look at the fret board and think it would be harder to play...

Anyway - I don’t think I’d buy one cuz I’ve never seen one I like the look of - I like my Teles and semi acoustics...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Sitting at dinner in the mess at work eating some pretty ordinary grub, music channel on the box playing best ever number 1’s. 

First one I hear was U2, yeah cool.

second Mmm Bop. I walked straight out and played some blues back in my donga. WTF. 

• Haha 3

I'm going to see U2 for ol times sake in Perth for the Joshua Tree tour. Easily their best LP IMO. Were an awesome band in their prime and still a great live act. They lost me album wise at Zooropa. I play a lot of their stuff on my acoustic.

Otherwise, I'm all over the blues rock map - Gary Moore, Rory Gallagher, Black Keys and chill with JJ Cale. Still a metal head and a huge soft spot for Hawkwind, especially the Lemmy era. Saw them a few times, can't remember any of it.

Love this blokes work. Note the Grolsch bottle top strap retainers for beer reference...

• Like 2