Coopers Community

What are you listening to right now????

ben 10

Just listened to the often overlooked and underrated "Watch the Red" - by The Angels; their first album with Brent Eccles on drums and Jim Hilbun on bass and sax.

I actually first got this album - on vinyl after winning it in a call in radio comp when I was about 10 or 11 years old - back in the days when 2SM was a rock station!

Back then it was the first time I got to listen to my choice of music, rather than being force fed The Beatles, Neil Diamond and all that other cheesy 60's and 70's stuff my parents liked (though ironically I love that era for music now, but a bit harder rocking than my parent's taste).

It's not like any of the other Angels albums, as they were really trying to do something different, and apart from a couple of tracks, not a particularly commercial album, but a good one none the less.

Of course I had to ruin it by reminiscing and trying to play along on my guitar, but none of the neighbours complained, and it's better than the sounds of concrete cancer being treated next door, or the demolition site a few hundred metres away.

Gov't Mule - By a Thread.

Now we're talkin'.

Sipping a Morrison Brewery English Bitter on account that I haven't got any Valley Brew English Bitters on the go at the moment. This one isn't too bad even if it is made by some of those damn Northerners.

Graham Bonnet's Dylan song "It's All Over Now Baby Blue".

(Brisbane's 'Magic 882' currently playing 70's stuff - never sounded so good as now on digital, and blasting out through a fabulous Yamaha system love )

While appreciating a nicely aged Chubby Cherub!!!

I currently have Verve Remixed albums 1 - 4, as well as Verve Remixed The First Ladies; they're jazz compilations albums, but remixed by current day DJ's not dissimilar in style to say Chillout Sessions, but with a more jazzy flavour.

Good background music when making a brew, doing a workout, or just chilling at home.

I still like using a five disc CD player, I've had MP3's before, but it's not the same as the tactile sense of manually selecting your CD, putting it in the player, and having the cover to see the track listing.

That said, I have a lot of my CD's copied into the memory of my mobile, which I occasionally use as an MP3 when I go out.

I still like using a five disc CD player' date=' I've had MP3's before, but it's not the same as the tactile sense of manually selecting your CD, putting it in the player, and having the cover to see the track listing.

That said, I have a lot of my CD's copied into the memory of my mobile, which I occasionally use as an MP3 when I go out.[/quote']

Hi Zaphod

I really do understand where you're coming from (and I apologise for ending that sentence with a preposition). About 8 or so years ago, my faithful old turntable turned up it's stylus for the last time. I had 100s of vinyl records, but knowing that day would come eventually, I had converted most of them to MP3s. I also miss the joy of removing a "vinyl disc" from its cover and dust jacket, carefully removing any dust from it with the record cleaning cloth, and placing the tone-arm needle onto the lead-in.

However, I'm also glad now that I can access almost 200 GB of MP3s from any computer/iP*/RaspberryPi/XBox etc etc in the house at any time with little fuss.

You win some, you lose some! happypouty

Kings of Leon - Mechanical Bull (deluxe edition).

Just finished my boil and now waiting for the chilling cycle to complete.

Also just having my final Stubbie of my Hop Burglar.

Beeble and Anti, I'm with ya brothers. MP3 are for the car and the ipod doova. Much prefer a CD pumping out through my home system.

Watching Top 50 80's Dance Classics on Music Max (Foxtel).

It's currently Phil Collins & Philip Bailey - Easy Lover.

This thread is making me seem like I'm obsessed with Phil Collins; it's purely a coincidence innocent

Hey Hairy

Try something different to throw us off the scent

unsure

Maybe Genesis

wink