Coopers Community

What are you listening to right now????

ben 10

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Hairy said:

To celebrate France winning the World Cup I am listening to:

Gojira - From Mars to Sirius

I really don't care about the World Cup but it is a good excuse to listen to Gojira.

I watched it live and watching it again now, excellent game, lots of goals, great play from French. One of the best world cup tournaments in my opinion, both teams deserved finals, they both played like Brasilians and Argentinians used to play. Go Europe, loved it

I've got a massive second-hand vinyl collection, but this year I'm driving to and from work pretty much two hours a day so I've had to get back into the world of new music. Pumping some of this rad new wave of aus-rock revival stuff: Rolling Blackouts CF, Gang of Youths, City Calm Down and a very underrated band called Shining Bird:

Also getting into a bit of Synthwave / Dreampop like the Chromatics, FM-84, and recently this slow-burner by Still Corners:

...and lots more. Lots of good rap and r&b happening. Billy Davis out of Melbourne really floats my boat:

12 hours ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

I can't stand country music but that line sounds like something out of Steel Panther's back catalogue ?

Otto I had no idea who that was, I had to go to YouTube and look it up, I don't think I'll be buying an album anytime  ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hermoor said:

Otto I had no idea who that was, I had to go to YouTube and look it up, I don't think I'll be buying an album anytime  ?

They're not a "real" band, it's just taking the piss out of 80s heavy rock, metal, glam etc. Sorta like the 12th man of rock music ?

Amorphis. Gojira. Between the buried and me....

Hairy, King Rud, other legends. How is it just now that I’m realising there’s a bunch of metal heads on here? Perhaps I haven’t been on this thread before...

Is it possible there is some kind of positive strong correlation between liking to quaff your own tasty brew beer whilst listening to brutal tunes? I’d say it is very likely due to some shared Viking ancestry.

But to be honest, as much as I love metal (especially 90s era metal when carcass were at the top of their game and bands like at the gates were hitting their stride) I don’t get to listen to it much. My 3 year old daughter is currently dancing around the lounge room to Taylor swift. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Farls said:

Hairy, King Rud, other legends. How is it just now that I’m realising there’s a bunch of metal heads on here? Perhaps I haven’t been on this thread before...

Is it possible there is some kind of positive strong correlation between liking to quaff your own tasty brew beer whilst listening to brutal tunes? I’d say it is very likely due to some shared Viking ancestry.

But to be honest, as much as I love metal (especially 90s era metal when carcass were at the top of their game and bands like at the gates were hitting their stride) I don’t get to listen to it much. My 3 year old daughter is currently dancing around the lounge room to Taylor swift. 

Philbo Baggins put me onto Carcass - Heartwork. That's a great album.

I don't listen to a lot of it at home as the rest of the family have very different taste but I listen to it at work and travelling to and from work.

On repeat at the moment is newish stuff like:

Rivers of Nihil - Where Owls no my Name

Khemmis - Desolation

Slugdge - Esoteric Malacology

The Atlas Moth - Coma Noir

Bleed from Within - Era

Rolo Tamassi - Time Will Die and Love Will Bury It

1 hour ago, Farls said:

There is definitely  a direct correlation between beer and country music!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Captain1525230099 said:

I think it’s got something to do with the artistic side of life. 

Every single one of my brewer mates are musicians. 

Mind you being a musician myself most of my mates are musicians. 

Kirk

That’s because musicians are poor.