Coopers Community

What are you listening to right now????

ben 10

Just got the Paul Kelly & Neil Finn Going my way concert CD/DVD

I usually listen to something a bit heavier but the song writing from these two is top shelf.

Big Pearl Jam fan as well and their new CD is on high rotation.

Currently listening to some old Ministry of Sound Chillout sessions ( 7, 8, & 9), and occasionally some of the Triple J Hottest 100 Albums, eagerly awaiting the next release.

That stuff, or just whatever is on the radio (Triple J naturally).

I know it's not ground breaking music, but I'm in my 40's, and like to play some quiet relaxed music I can keep going when I go out, so my newly acquired dog doesn't get separation anxiety; though he's so clever I may yet come home to find he's put on some White Stripes or The Strokes.

I'll have to check out some new Dead Weather too, along with some more of that sort of dark but rocking music.

Judas Priest huh?

I remember getting British Steel on audio tape - just about the time CD's started!

I may still have it, though the quality would be no good now, magnetic tape just doesn't last.

Ironic that Rob Halford popularized the macho leather look for hard rock, then when he came out it became obvious; he'd gotten the look from the gay clubs he frequented!

Anyway, preferences of any sort don't determine the quality of someone's work, especially if they're completely unrelated.

I don't get into the heavier rock so much as I used to, but Metallica's black album still has pride of place in my CD collection, along with the best of Black Sabbath, and some Led Zep.

You'd be hard pressed to find any modern rock bands (and some pop) that weren't in some way influenced by those old rockers, along with Hendrix, Cream, and The Doors etc.

Rock on Kelsey!