Coopers Community

What are you listening to right now????

ben 10

At the tail end of a battle with the black dog, I decided to do some "music therapy" to try to snap out of it.

So, took a trip to the local shops and had a bit of a CD binge, I got hold of Triple J Hottest 100 vol 21,

along with Best of Whitesnake, Mastodon "Crack the Skye" and a CD bundle with 5 Steve Vai albums.

So, I've been listening to some of the most recent Hottest 100, some Whitesnake, and currently listening to Mastodon.

It makes me realize, you can't keep an old rocker down, we may expose ourselves to other genres, (or after a few too many just expose ourselves), but when you're a rocker it's in your blood, and sometimes nothing will get you back on track like listening to some good thumping hard rock.

I may listen to some jazz, blues, hip hop, dance, and chillout style music, and even the odd bit of classical and baroque, but that's really a concession and compromise due to the influence of my mrs, and a bit of a contrast to the taste of music that lies at my core I'm a rocker through and through.

Old rockers never die, we just change our haircuts.