Coopers Community

What are you listening to right now????

ben 10

On 3/28/2019 at 12:24 PM, The Captain!! said:

This is very true! My wife always makes me aware of kids names spelt differently. Like that one recently in the news, kids name was Abcde pronounced Abs-ce-dee 

You got to shake your head at some of this tomfoolery. 

How about La-ia? One might think it is pronounced Laia with an emphasis on the "i" but apparently it is Ladashia 

• Haha 2

I think there actually is. I do remember a couple in NZ that tried to name their kid something like 52 bus shelter, cause you know, that’s where he was conceived.

The department of births deaths and marriage refused their stupidity 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, der kleine Drache said:

I sense a touch of IQ, Marillion, Pink Floyd, Le Orme and Jethro Tull.  Good balanced sound.  Nice!  Is it you playing all the stuff?

Cheers!  There's a number of guest musicians onboard, soloists and backing vocalists mostly, but otherwise I'm pretty much doing the rest, including production mixing and mastering.  😎

• Like 3

ENZSO CD, great to hear Splitz Enz songs being sang by Finn Bro's, Dave Dobbyn backed with the NZSO circa 1996. 

Could not resist paying the staggering $2 price tag at the local Op Shop & taking the chance.

Baaaaaa….rgin

Cheers

• Like 3

13 hours ago, YeastyBoy said:

ENZSO CD, great to hear Splitz Enz songs being sang by Finn Bro's, Dave Dobbyn backed with the NZSO circa 1996. 

Could not resist paying the staggering $2 price tag at the local Op Shop & taking the chance.

Baaaaaa….rgin

Cheers

Bargain alright!  As it happens, Eddie Rayner is a close friend of mine.   I also manage his online music portfolio and Facebook page. 

The 20th anniversary ENZSO  was re-released a few years ago by Sony.   Not sure if you are aware but he also reworked those projects in more recent times, renamed ENZO -  a less orchestral mix blended with a conventional rock band.   He toured that new show in NZ in 2013 then later in both Aus and NZ a couple of years ago.   An album from the first live NZ gigs in 2013 was created.  No Finn brothers on this one though!

https://eddierayner.bandcamp.com/album/enzo-stranger-than-fiction-live

I also edited a number of videos from that show - cobbled together out of assorted footage shot at the time.   If interested you can find them on Ed's Youtube channel along with the other vids I've done for him:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOE8E69xW-Jb-Mhpt3YRPQA

😎

• Like 2

On 5/16/2019 at 10:53 AM, The Captain!! said:

I think there actually is. I do remember a couple in NZ that tried to name their kid something like 52 bus shelter, cause you know, that’s where he was conceived.

The department of births deaths and marriage refused their stupidity 

Actually... I remember a story about a Down family WAY back in the 80's... they named their boys: Bob, Ben & Sid...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2019 at 9:12 AM, Hairy said:

I’ve gone back to one of my favourite albums of last year:

Slugdge - Esoteric Malacology 

Songs about slugs including the awesomely titled “Crop Killer”.

Checked out their stuff. Cool music and nice song titles. I guess you'd like Voivod if you're into this. 

1 hour ago, der kleine Drache said:

Checked out their stuff. Cool music and nice song titles. I guess you'd like Voivod if you're into this. 

Voivod are pretty cool. Their last album was pretty good.