Coopers Community

What are you listening to right now????

ben 10

Good list there Morrie - some great sounds.

I just scored some tickets to see "Band of Sculls" in a couple of weeks and trying to snag tickets to see "The ruebens" at the end of Nov.

Upcoming gig at a Winery near me has "You Am I', "Something for Kate", "Spiderbait" and "jebediah"....nice trip done memory lane.

On Spotify Im currently listening to:

The Blue Dawns

The Brian Jonestown Massacre

Cage the Elephant

Black keys

the Dead Weather

The Groundhogs

The Haggis Horns

King Khan and the Shrines

lack of Afro

Monster Trust

Tame Impala

The War on Drugs

Radio Moscow

Car Seat Headrest

The latest additions on to my favourites play list at the moment is:

The Boys by Lisa Mitchell

Royals by Lorde

Easier by Mansionair

Starboy by The Weeknd

I really dig the track out by K.Flay (Kristine Flaherty) titled " Blood in the Cut" Nice thick baseline and love those drums whilst the tempo and intensity is varied brilliantly.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've been getting right into The Pineapple Thief 'Magnolia' and 'Your wilderness' and loving them after a long stint of going through Steven wilson and Porcupine tree' extensive masterful catalogs.

Also bought Nosound' 'A sense of loss' which is another goodie. Oh! And Airbag' 'All rights removed'. If you're a big fan of Floyd you'll probably really love them.

I've been getting right into The Pineapple Thief 'Magnolia' and 'Your wilderness' and loving them after a long stint of going through Steven wilson and Porcupine tree' extensive masterful catalogs.

Also bought Nosound' 'A sense of loss' which is another goodie. Oh! And Airbag' 'All rights removed'. If you're a big fan of Floyd you'll probably really love them.

I love a bit of prog. I was listening to Frost* earlier this week.

But then I started on the back catalogue of Black Sabbath. Good stuff!

Good stuff Hairy, yea you can't beat barebones classic rock from the originals hey. Think I ruined it for myself years ago by listening too much! lol

I forgot to mention: Riverside. I'm really impressed by their ability to write and sing so well in English that I had no idea it wasn't native to them whatsoever. Their newer album 'Love fear and the time machine' is quite a work of art, and a descendant of that of the older heavier Riverside of 'Out of myself' and 'Second Life syndrome'. I feel some of the older ones were very similar but great too

Yea that's one of my pet hates Fancy. I actually have a full 8,000w band PA in the shed from the band days I just recently left behind but very very rarely use it cause I'm conscious of it myself. Thinking about offloading it cause I only ever use it at common stereo volumes anyway for this reason. We live on a few acres but sound travels even moreso than in the suburbs cause there's nothing blocking anything out. It's cool to have for some reason and I just can't get myself to part with it.. coolunsure Sometimes (when I've had alotta homebrew) I just can't quite restrain though and always end up hungover feeling guilty. Unless one of the neighbors happened to piss me off recently, then I find some sort of sick enjoyment from it, all the while hoping they don't get angry and buy one themselves (laughs)