Coopers Community

New Site Feedback

PB2

Damn you're right Phil.

I used to work for a place where that was a real issue, in fact some people were reprimanded and perhaps even sacked for stuff they put online. or tarnished by association which damaged their careers.

My Mrs still works there, and she doesn't use any social media; I just find social media tedious so I don't use it, but I can see that having your full name up for all to see, and the ramifications for some would be quite enough to want to change their name or cease using a website such as this.

I'm lucky, in that I'm not in a position to need to worry about such things, but you would think seeing as this issue - which is a real concern for some, was raised several days ago, that something would have been done about it by now.

I have to assume (giving the benefit of the doubt),that most are away for the Christmas break, and this will be resolved fairly soon tomorrow or shortly afterwards; if not, I'll be even more cautious about what I put online, and will assume that whatever I post may follow me in the future.

Too bad, at least as slow and clunky as the old site was, it didn't pose such a risk to personal security!

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes Beeble. The only concern I have is what shows up in Google searches and that can be a bit unpredictable. I also spotted another privacy issue to do with email address, I will not say more until tomorrow when someone who cares is listening. Not sure if anyone else has picked it up, don't remember a mention further back in the chain. I'm not particularly happy about that one and I hope it's fixed very soon or otherwise I will change to a temporary address. There is a real potential for spamming with this one. These issues are not good and developers should know better. *gets off soapbox now*

I think there needs to be a way of knowing what posts are unread on the forum home page where all the latest posts are shown, like there used to be, and in the categories as well.

I agree with going to the last post in a thread, however, I think this should only happen when you click on the timestamp on that post on the right hand side of the screen. If you click on the thread title then I have no issue with it going to the beginning of it.

And finally I also agree that when posting a reply that the most recent post should be below the reply screen, not a post that could be months or years old. I've just noticed it says "Topic review (newest first)" under this text box, but the first post is the actual first post of the thread which clearly isn't the newest! lol

Cheers

I don't think Muleyinoz is talking about linking it to Facebook' date=' just having a feature where you can like a post.

At the bottom it would say "Hairy, Beerlust and Ben 10 like this post".

It is like my endorsement only I don't get paid for it.[/quote']

Yep that is what I meant , just a way of marking a comment positive.

+1 Hairy! :)

Yes' date=' I miss the signature and a[b'] like[/b] button for each post would be nice :)

Please keep Facebook related jargon out of this forum. It is totally unnecessary. I can understand the need for the Brewery to involve itself in these mediums, including Facebook & Twitter etc. but this is a closed forum, & the information discussed & presented on it should not be directly linked to outside sources without the individual's permission.

The whole idea of having a personal login is to provide a level of privacy, and a level of protection for the user/member against outside sources, not to open US up to the world for comment, critique, & some of the malicious hacking & negative things that do go on over the WWW.

Just my 2 cents,

Anthony.

Totally agree. I'd never use a FB logon to access a third party site. Like hairy commented I did mean a way of giving a giving a post an up vote. Cheers!

There may be a few minor omissions in some of the recipes. Since I don't have a temperature controlled environment for fermenting (yet), I need to plan brews according to a suitable season of the year. Unless I've just completely missed them, the following recipes are missing a recommended fermenting temperature or temperature range.

Strong Ale Section

Authentic IPA and Strong Ale #2

Stout Section

Irish Stout

Mid Strengrh Section

IPA

Thanks and cheers

I think there needs to be a way of knowing what posts are unread on the forum home page where all the latest posts are shown' date=' like there used to be, and in the categories as well.

I agree with going to the last post in a thread, however, I think this should only happen when you click on the timestamp on that post on the right hand side of the screen. If you click on the thread title then I have no issue with it going to the beginning of it.

And finally I also agree that when posting a reply that the most recent post should be below the reply screen, not a post that could be months or years old. I've just noticed it says "Topic review (newest first)" under this text box, but the first post is the actual first post of the thread which clearly isn't the newest! lol

Cheers

[/quote']

+1

The new site has been up and running for a month and not one of the many bugs have been work out on the forum along with the many other issuses I beginning to wish it was still the old Order.

I really think the suggestions outline in this thread are all for the best. I see a down turn in the number of new members contributing to the forum after the holidays in comparision to years past. This I'm sure is because of the complicated way in which it is to make a new or respond to a post (age comfermation + login in EVERY FREAKIN TIME IS BULLSHITE!!!!!!!!!!)

Is it really going to change?

I agree with Chad.

Hardly any, or if at all, any suggestions made on this thread have been implemeted.

I suspect Coopers contracted out a tender to IT geeks to upgrade the site. Is so, they have been dudded.

I would suggest to Coopers that they employ one or two, tried and proven, IT geeks in house to fix the whole mess up.

It is not exactly rocket science, but still outside my areas of knowledge

Software development has to go through cycles, you can't just fix everything on the spot as it needs to have requirements gathering, analysis, design, planning, development, testing, staging and release phases or else you'll just end up breaking something else. I am surprised that it's not mobile responsive though.

In summary, why not hire me as your developer happy I've got an interest in what it's all about, know what people want from a discussion board and you can just pay me in beer

Are any of the problems actually being looked into? I find it surprising that it got through the testing phase let alone went live like it is.

But, yes, it would be good if we could drag Coopers into 2014 as it seems like they are stuck in the eighties....which on reflection means it is impressive they actually have a website sideways

...the following recipes are missing a recommended fermenting temperature or temperature range.

Strong Ale Section

Authentic IPA and Strong Ale #2

Stout Section

Irish Stout

Mid Strengrh Section

IPA

What temp to ferment the brew?

Is a question being asked of a few

Now we don't want to scare ya

So can't be much fairer

Than just say 'tepid' will do! biggrin

Archived