Coopers Community

yet another IPA thread....

Ivon T

having a RDO and I have empty fermenters so here is what is going down today.....

Half Cast IPA

1 tin Coopers Dark Ale

1 tin Morgans Extra Pale LME

1kg LDME

500g Dex

10g Galena 45min

10g Cascade 10min

10g Simcoe 10min

10g Galaxy F/O

10g Cascade F/O

10g Simcoe F/O

15g US05 pitched at 24deg. Fermented at 18deg.

20g Galaxy Day 5

20g Simcoe day 5

Expectations (based on IanH spreadsheet)

OG 1.077

FG 1.017

EBC 36.4

IBU 64.4

ABV (bottled) 8.2%

Looks interesting mate. I had never thought of using the dark ale kit in a black IPA.

I'm still not yet over my fear of late additions of Simcoe. I used it for bittering recently and it was quite nice so I am starting to come round.

Hell of a big beer! I like the idea of a Cascadian Dark Ale with the OS Dark Ale as a base. I don't think I'd make it so big on the first attempt. I might try a milder version to see if I liked the recipe concept and then take it way too far from there.[tongue]

Actually enjoying trying "big" beers at the moment. This would be brew 15ish and the last couple ("thankyou come again IPA" 7.2% and "Extra Dark Belgian" 8+%) have done pretty well....

I'm pretty sure I'll tone it down soon and refill my "session beer" shelves..

Actually enjoying trying "big" beers at the moment. This would be brew 15ish and the last couple ("thankyou come again IPA" 7.2% and "Extra Dark Belgian" 8+%) have done pretty well....

Hi Ivon, both those are sessionable, but i reckon they'ed just be fairly short sessions[lol]

Hi Ivon, both those are sessionable, but i reckon they'ed just be fairly short sessions[lol]

id be flat on my ass with those babys [lol] [lol]

"Thankyou Come Again" seems to act as a excellent muscle relaxant. I work as a Head Chef in a reasonably busy place and I almost melt into my recliner soon after I finish nightly after work Pint. [love]

Can't wait to see how "Dark Belgian" plays out in a few months - might be just the thing after work during the cooler winter months....[cool]

Last couple of times I've been to Dan's, I've been selecting some pretty strong beers. The Karl Strauss Tower 10 IPA is becoming a regular. I'm trying to stop "sessions" so maybe these strong ones are the way to go?

I've only had two beers honey, honest.[innocent]

Last couple of times I've been to Dan's, I've been selecting some pretty strong beers. The Karl Strauss Tower 10 IPA is becoming a regular. I'm trying to stop "sessions" so maybe these strong ones are the way to go?

I've only had two beers honey, honest.[innocent]

oh dear i tried that old chestnut many many years ago...youll soon give that idea up once you wake up on neighbours lawns etc lol

They are also good value for when dealing with young apprentices/kitchenhands who seem to think Beer is for pussies and that spirits are the only way to go....

Hell yeah mate. A sixer will put most on their Hairy BUTs.

[lol] [lol]

[lol] [lol] [lol] [lol]

Nice one, Phil![biggrin]

Archived