Coopers Community

Yakie

weggl

Tried this at 3 months. If you like Yak you may well like this. I made 3 all with the same amount of hops. One on a Pale Ale base it is a great beer, one on a Real ale base, will try that tonight. and this one I tried today on a Lager not Larger base.

CAN LAGER

1.5 Liquid LME 200- CRYSTAL 30 MIN

20g CASCADE 15M

10 NELSON 15 MIN -15 NELSON FO

8 CASCADE D/Hoped CULTURED YEAST

150 DEX 23 L

Warren

science at its best Weg...asking questions and finding answers to what tastes good,

I am looking at my fermenter in the office from the seat here ticking away slowly. Has the Yak-ie thingy in it with Nelson and Cascade. Because the airlock is not burping the joyous fumes of fermentation (not that i trust it...i can also see things bubbling) I had to sneak a quick sniff...and WOW the hops smell is unbelievable.

I hope it delivers

and do deliver the news on your result Weggl (i note you are a fellow peninsula resident...Gods country aye)

TD

I have recently bottled my own Yak - I call it "Yakkity Yak Pale Ale". It is based on Fat Yak but is a bit Yakkier as I find Fat Yak lacks Yakkiness for my tastes (but is better than the average beer on tap in the average pub).

I'll post the recipe after a couple of months in the bottle if it passes my taste tests.

i suppose if it doesn't score high Muddy you could always call it a Fakkity Yak,

Agree the Yak, along with a few of the Squires brews, is the best of the near mainstream session brews about right now. Golden ale on tap at the Bank Hotel in Newtown a week or two back was top shelf.

Tried the Real Ale Yak tonight, think it just shaded the lager LARGER Yak, but then maybe a dead heat howbeit a choice of 2 Yaks. It to was pretty good.

Tim what on Earth are you doing over the other side of the bridge?[pinched] [crying]

Yea I often have a G/Ale at the Diggers after Gym, got to keep the energy up[love]

Warren

Archived