Coopers Community

XXXX Summer Bright Lager Clone

MitchellO

Hey,

Im about to pick up my second fermenter tomorrow and i was wondering if anybody has a XXXX summer bright lager clone?

If tasted a few friends variations of the lager kits but they dont seem right .I dont care about the 'low-carb', just the taste haha

Cheers

I've had one or two Summer Brights at a bbq recently, but unfortunatly my memory was a bit impared at the time. But been thinking about your post and have come up with the following...

Things we know... XXXX Gold and Bitter both use cluster hops so I assume that they also use cluster in the Summer Bright. Also Summer Bright was positioned compete with the Corona and Sol market.

So... why not try a Mex Cerveza made with 1 kilo BE2 to 23l with an addition of cluster hops? It is a light flavoured beer so not sure how much hops to add or for how long, maybe just steep it for 4 mins in water to make a hop tea before adding it in the wort. I'm sure this recipe is not low carbs, but in my opinion beer is not salad.

Have not made this recipe (actually I'm yet to make a Mex Cerveza can yet) but experiment is the best part of homebrewing I reckon. If you do try a Summer Bright clone, report back and let us know how it goes. I have a few thristy mates up here who I am sure would appreciate it.

Archived