Coopers Community

Tooheys New

Squishy

Wow this thread has more life than a case of foster's lite ice sitting in the garage. 

Miss reading the old "muddy waters" on the forum too but anyway..

Morgans brewing seems to nail all those aussie mega swill beers aka vb/new/calton draught /xxxx gold etc etc Coopers seems to me to nail the international styles better then the aussie ones. They also nail there own range as well ie Coopers pale ale etc

As for tooheys new start with a Morgan's Australian lager kit use a be2 or be 3 brewing enhancer with some pride of ringwood hops. 

* blurred disclaimer...( tooheys spend mega dollars on brewing there "beer" it won't be easily replicated it, but this might be a good staring point.)

On 7/21/2010 at 3:25 AM, PB2 said:

...and yet, Original Series Lager is the highest selling beer kit in the world...[joyful]

Statistics are like bikinis.  What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.  ~Aaron Levenstein

Is it the highest selling kit because it's included with the DIY kit?
Is it the highest selling kit in the world because Americans buy it?  Let's just reflect on America's preferences eg. Trump, Bush, Bud Light, guns. Yeah, not sure they really know what they're doing. 😄

On 7/20/2010 at 10:23 PM, Squishy said:

Guys

Has anyone tried to make a Tooheys new clone??

Not for me (I Promise) but the wife drinks it and if i can get her drinking that then i may be able to get some more funds for my own brews[wink]

When seeking more money for beer from the wife I tell her I want to make some for her dad. Never fails. 😉

Archived