Coopers Community

Motueka Slam IPA

PB2

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow this is kinda creepy another MichaelJ and doing the same brew! I just did this recipe for the second time but was thinking of using centennial instead of motueka when I dry hop in a few days and came on to ask if this will work well? and then i see my double asking the same question but with galaxy! I thought someone had hacked my password for a second [biggrin] so what do ya think? will centennial work well and should i still use 50g?

Haha.....very weird!!

Hope yours is working out well.

Mine has been in FV for 2 weeks now at 19-21 degrees and is coming along nice, will bottle on the weekend. OG of 1043 and checked it last night for first time and it was 1009. Tastes nice and bitter, will be better when chilled and carbonated. Only used 40g of Galaxy in chux, doesn't have too much of the hoppy scent and could do with a bit more. Next time hops will go in naked if in pellet form.

Edit - just took 2nd gravity reading and is still 1009. Tastes even better than yesterday, maybe as I have a cold and it isn't as bad today. Slight tasteof the galaxy and tastes very much like a good IPA....yum.

Can't wait for Chritmas so I can drink this, although I'm sure a couple is testers will be guzzled by then.

Mine went like this

\t\tStroppy IPA

\t\t

Ingredients\tCooper's IPA\t

\t1.5kg DME\t

\t12g Magnum\t

\t50g Motueka\t

\tUS-05\t

\t\t

Method\t500g DME boil\t

\t12g Magnum @ 30\t

\t25g Motueka @ 5\t

\t25g Motueka Dry Hop\t

\t\t

09/11/13\tOG 1050\t

14/11/13\t1014\tadded 25g Motueka

17/11/13\t1010\t

19/11/13\tBottled\t

\t\t

\tABV = 5.7%\t

\tIBU = 56\t

Yum yum, having one now...

• 1 month later...

So after reading this thread,

I have decide that this is going to be my fourth brew.

Drooling just thinking about it.

I have ordered my Motueka Flowers and will drop into my LHBS this weekend for the rest of my ingredients.

Might have to buy more bottles. I keep thinking I have enough and then I read these wonderful sounding brews and can't help myself.

Jay

So after reading this thread' date='

I have decide that this is going to be my fourth brew.

Drooling just thinking about it.[/quote']

X2, this will be my forth brew going to buy the ingredients tonight and put it down as soon as the long weekend festivities are over.

Have a good Australia Day this weekend lads and ladies.

So I drove to the LHBS yesterday, 45 min away. With this new hobbie I might have to consider relocating closer to my LHBS.

So now I have the rest of my ingredients. Just waiting for the hops to arrive.

But it didn't stop there. I now have a new FV, more bottles and plenty of back up ingredients. Sort of got carried away in the shop but the owner was more than happy. LOL

Now just have to break the news to the wife.

Jay

Archived