Coopers Community

International Series European Lager

Slipper

Good morning Slipper :)

I have brewed the Euro beer as is and in fact have used this many times, with it being one of my favorites along with Canadian Blonde, outside of normal beers.

I'm not the adventurous type though when it comes to adding to it but know that Thirsty Matt has or is in middle of doing so (see thread in Beer Banter called 'dropped grain in fermenter') and am sure others would have done so and could give some feedback :D

Have a great weekend :!:

I made one nearly three months ago. I have not had one yet. the instructions say to leave it for at least 12 weeks im going to pop open a bunch on sep 14 (thats my birthday) then they will have been in the bottle for nearly 14 weeks!

I made it just as per instruction. there is a large thread about it on aussiehomebrewer.com.au A number of people say it a very good kit beer but they recomend jazzing it up a little by adding some hops.

When i made mine i just put the kit yeast it, if i was to make it again i would add another 15g of dry lager yeast along with the kit yeast, this will bring you near 1g per liter pitching rate.

Rember to keep the temps low!!!

Slipper,

I have kegged a Euro Lager and left it about 8 weeks. It turned out really good (beer conditions a bit quicker when in kegs).

I don't know where you are located but if your temps are still cool, now would be a good time to put one down as it is best brewed in the mid teens, as Josh indicated.

It would then be good to drink when the weather warms up in a few months time - good for Xmas

Cheers

Peter :D

• 11 months later...

Am putting down my first ever Euro Lager in next few days...have read all I can about it here and elsewhere, but wondering recommended hop additions (saaz? hallertau? tea bag? dry hop? amounts?) Or any other successful additions?

Or go the Green Neck Lager in recipe section?

I know it's recommended to try the basic recipe on can first, but you know how it is [cool]

I done a euro lager with hallertau hops about 30-40g from memory and left it in the keg for 3 months. I wish i had not used as much hallertau hop though it really overpowered it and ruined it. I will be doin the same brew again soon with no hops. Then i can get an idea of how to tweek it if i even need to but definatly go easy with the hallertau hops.

• 4 weeks later...
Mine (Green neck recipe) was about 1010.

Took 3 weeks at 12-14 deg.

Dan

Cheers Dan!

Mine's three weeks fermenting, now 1012. Will give it a day or two more to get consecutive readings then bottle - and try and forget until xmas [unsure]

Archived