Coopers Community

Original Series Bitter

AussieJosh

GEE WIZZ LEMON FIZZ!!!!!

As my Gf would say to me, That was Quick! :wink:

SWEET!

cause i was wanting to know.....with everyone snapping up the last original Bitter cans including myself, some people including myself may want to know some good recipe ideas for original Bitter other then the Extra Smooth Bitter recipe you have in your recipes section of your homebrew section........................

I have made it as its ment to be a few weeks ago....Now i still have another can and im looking for somthing a little diffrent

any ideas anyone???

There is this one from the Sep' 2007 newlsetter:

UK BITTER STYLE

1.7kg Original Series Bitter,

1kg Coopers Brew Enhancer 2

2 x 12g Fuggles hops (Hop Infusion)

Made to 20 litres

Ferment as close to 21\xb0C as possible.

Use half the normal priming sugar and serve at 10-15\xb0C. (Although you might like to serve it more like 8-10\xb0C.)

• 4 weeks later...

I have made Original Bitter before useing a Brewcraft #70 English bitter beer kit converter and Saf-ale S-04 yeast. If you have a home brew shop in your area, see if you can get one. Just follow the instructions on the Brewcraft kit and you will get a beautifully copper coloured, rich, creamy English bitter. When i made this i found it extremely powerful and bitter at first, :x but with 6-12 months ageing it mellowed out quite nicely 8) I finished the last bottles a few months ago that had been cellared for 3 years! :lol: Bloody brilliant! Wish i had 100 more! This would also work as well or better with the new international series English bitter. Hope this has helped give you some good ideas!

• 3 weeks later...

Just cracked open my original series bitter (brewed to pay my respects to the outgoing.....) Frikin' unreal!

Recipe:

Original Bitter

1kg Light DME

24g Fuggles & EK Goldings (what I had left over, don't know how much of each, but the total was 24g) boiled for 10 mins in the DME.

Kit yeast re-hydrated.

20lt final volume.

She's bitter, but not overpowering, not as bitter as an IPA, well balanced.

• 5 months later...

So i have a can of the original im thinking of putting down tomorrow!

This is what i have come up with. please feel free if you think i should add somthing or leave somthing out.

Can of original Bitter

1kg of BE2

500g of LDM

200g Molasses

2 x 12g Fuggles hops (Hop Infusion)

Kit yeast pluss anothor packet of english ale yeast

Made to 23L

What ya think?

I have a question.....whats molasses? where can i get it? and what form does it come in? powder? liqid?

Archived