Coopers Community

Harp Lager

suzy

G'day Suzy, welcome to our forum!

Haven't analysed Harp Lager before - more homework 8)

Is it in a can, bottle or on draught? I'm assuming it, being originally from Ireland, would most likely be in a 440ml can??

Thanks for the prompt reply. It is in the 440 can but I first tried it at an Irish bar in Brisbane and I think it was on tap. Its not as sort of strong as something like Killarney. To buy it as a four pack is quite expensive so a good home brew version would be handy.

Great! We tested this brew recently and there was a can left over for me to taste. 8)

The words on the side of the can mention a "crisp finish". I have to say that I didn't get "crisp". The bitterness figure backs this up - only 15BU - very soft! Alcohol is 4% and final gravity is around 1.008.

Have you tried our European Lager yet? If you make it with Brew Enhancer 1 to 25 litres, use some European Lager yeast like W-34/70 (home brew stores sell this) as well as the yeast sachet with the kit. Ferment at 15C, you may get something close. It is very important to ferment down at 15C in order to achieve similar clean aromas and flavours that Harp offers :wink:

Archived