Coopers Community

The Ashes

JohnE9

Well PB2,

You proved me wrong.

Another result for the Adelaide "batters" pitch.

But it was our bowlers who did all the damage![roll]

Roll on Perth, and the Aussies go 3-0 and win back the Ashes.

[cool]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After watching some of the most exciting and enthralling days of test cricket that this 50 year old cricket tragic has seen in years, i thought I'd have a look at a T20 game on TV.

There are mexican waves, blokes in funny suits running around the boundary, naff commentators, and sixes being hit over shorter boundaries than you see in kanga cricket.

Its the blue team against the purple team, but not sure where they are from. I think it is Qld versus either Tas, Nsw or Vic, but there looks like an Indian playing as well, so i'll have to guess.

They tell this is more exciting than test cricket, but its boring me sh!tless. Am i missing something here?

So you should too. Lol. It annoys me when other sports like rugby league try to rip off the Ashes. There's only one Ashes and it's always gonna be Australia vs England in cricket. The others should find their own thing.

Anyway, it was great to see Australia wipe England like a dirty rse in this series, although I would have liked to see a bit more of a fight from the Poms. Also I agree about T20, it's basically just a hit and giggle for people who have tiny attention spans. I'd much rather watch a 5 day Test than 3 hours of slogging.

• 1 month later...
As a dyed in the wool Aussie cricket supporter of senior years' date=' I am very nervous about the upcoming Ashes series.

I think the Poms are going to give us a hiding. Probably deserved as our batsmen cannot put together decent scores in sucession. Warner and Pup possibly the only exceptions. If they go cheaply then Australia will be in deep trouble.

The bowlers are OK but you need runs on the board.

[/quote']

I can hardly believe I wrote that then, looking back in hindsight.

The Siffys are looking ill too, after the Aussies gave them a solid thrashing in the first Test which finished early this morning.

Archived