Coopers Community

Bottles

GrahamG3

I'd agree with Hairy on just using one drop per 500mL bottle. Some people have split them in half in the past and put in one and a half but that's a lot of faffing about to me. Otherwise you could measure out table sugar into each bottle.

On a side note, I've started collecting a few 500mL bottles from English beers I've been sampling. They are great for my pint glass! [cool]

+1. What nice beers have you tried lately in those bottles Kelsey?

Oops. Didn't even see this post until now. [lol]

So far I've tried Spitfire, Old Hooky, Hobgoblin, Wells Bombardier and I think that's it. But every time I go in to Dans to look for a carton of SNPA for my stubbie collection, I have a look for something different to try. I quite enjoy the Spitfire, it's a nice refreshing drink. [joyful]

What did you think of the Old Hooky? I haven't tried that yet.

I had a Hook Norton Haymaker on the weekend but it was so sweet I couldn't finish it, and I like the sweet caramelly English ales.

But I also had a Hobgoblin which is always [love]

• 2 weeks later...
But I also had a Hobgoblin which is always [love]

Same here. I have had a bottle of Hobgoblin the last couple of weekends in a row and I'm planning to try Dr. Smurto's or Orfy's Hobgoblin clone soon.

Hey Hairy, have you managed to pick up the gift set from Dan's? It's a pretty cylinder with a Hobgoblin and a real nice pint glass. The beer in it tasted nicer than the one I bought off the shelf, so I'm guessing it may have been a bit fresher.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived