Coopers Community

The Front Bar, General all topic every day chit chat thread.

Del

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Philbo.

Okay' date=' I am trying to work this out.

I have noticed that when I have a hot mug of coffee, which I would like to remain hot over the course of my enjoyment, it cools down to undrinkable in what seems like no time at all. Roughly 300mls of liquid.

I currently have 150mls of water in a pyrex jug just off the boil. Do ya think the bastard will cool down to 30c so I can rehydrate a yeast? NO![/quote']

Next time you make your coffee, just before you have your first sip, plonk a thermometer in & take note of the temperature. I'm betting it's nowhere near 100°C as is the case with the freshly boiled water in the Pyrex jug. So it already starts off at a lower temperature.

Add to that, you are constantly lowering the volume of liquid in the coffee mug with each sip. As brewers, we all know that a larger volume of liquid takes longer to cool, than that of a smaller volume.

Also, not that I think you would, but if you cover the Pyrex jug with foil or anything to potentially keep any nasties out or whatever your reason, that too will hold the heat higher longer, as the steam/heat has nowhere to escape.

Maybe you need a "tea cosy" for your coffee mug, & to sit a coaster (or something suitable) on top to hold in the heat a bit longer between sips. wink

Coffee_Please.jpg

Cheers,

Anthony.

• 8 months later...
Had dinner with Philbo the other day... was good to see the fella!

Kebabs or Indian?

I saw a girl with Darth Vader shoes yesterday. I was so tempted to say "I like your shoes; the colour is OK but a little on the dark side". But I was too shy innocent

I had a guy walk up to me the other day that had wooden legs & real feet. I was finishing my shift at my other job at the convenience store, & he caught me at the front door locking up.

He said, "Hey buddy, the sign says 'Open 24 hours'!". I said, "Not in a row!"

biggrin

Cheers,

Lusty.

Had dinner with Philbo the other day... was good to see the fella!

Kebabs or Indian?

I saw a girl with Darth Vader shoes yesterday. I was so tempted to say "I like your shoes; the colour is OK but a little on the dark side". But I was too shy innocent

hhahah Indian

local place does $6 curry nights. curry rice naan and raita for $6.. cant go wrong.

they also do a 100 beers of the world challenge. which im enjoying..

• 1 year later...

Archived