Coopers Community

:/

Scottie

trollingi.png

Sorry mate but I don't get it.

The title - are you saying it is the end? (full stops are at the end).

The picture - I can't really make it out but it looks like a heap of fish attacking a daddy long legs [unsure]

Yeah, I noticed something amiss but I am in the la, la, la it isn't happening phase of dealing with it.

We have to realise that we are dealing with a very disturbed individual in desperate need for help. They are in it for a sick thrill....you really have to admire his skill at one handed typing really [ninja]

I'm more paranoid than the rest of you combined, and I haven't seen any trolling, just the usual discussion of brewing methods with the odd difference of opinion. When you start looking for that sort of thing and make a fuss of it you only encourage it.

If there was no difference of opinion there would be no point in this forum. I think Scotty is just jumping at shadows, and looking for something that isn't there; unless someone can point out what it is that is being discussed cryptically and prove I'm wrong. I misunderstand what's being said if it's so subtle you have to be part of a clique to understand it.

I too was in a clique once. We thought we were the best; the princesses of the school and we used to bully the other girls.

No hang on ... that was Mean Girls!

Sorry, I sometimes have trouble distinguishing fact from fantasy in my life.

Did I ever tell you about the time I had a big staff, a sword and a beard and helped hobbits, elves, dwarves etc on a quest to save the world? Its a long story so I will save it for a another day. They will probably make a movie out of it.

Mate, you just need to lighten up and not take things too personally around here.

There are differences of opinion all time on this forum. And sometimes neither of them are wrong nor right.

Give your opinions but don't take it personally or have a hissy fit if someone gives a different opinion, clarifies your point or asks further questions of your opinion. There really is nothing personal in this [rightful]

We are a friendly, tolerant bunch that brew beer and talk about brewing (amongst other crap). If you don't believe me, try posting on AHB and see what you will cop.

I'm not a psychologist but the 'woe is me' stance is unlikely to contribute to a healthy learning and sharing environment.

Point taken Hairy, that's exactly why I usually steer clear of such forums, and don't actively participate in social media.

I've seen the shenanigans that goes on at the AHB website; some of those guys (some of whom used to post on here) just need to get over themselves. In my experience, those that consider themselves experts are the ones that won't listen to the opinion and experience of others, and many times those that call themselves beginners are more experienced than the so called experts, they're just humble about their knowledge.

I guess I jumped on the bandwagon you started with the Mean Girls reference, and it got taken a bit more seriously than intended.

...... I think Scotty is just jumping at shadows' date=' and looking for something that isn't there......[/quote']

What I find is that the tendency to troll resides in us all. About two years ago I got accused of trolling when posting on a university forum. Anyway I quickly figured that I was the victim of trolling (the accuser was the troller and even took the time to explain to me what it was). I haven't posted to that forum since, which is a loss for me and possibly others.

Anyway it doesn't hurt, I reckon, for everyone to be reminded of the impact of trolling. If I think someone is deliberately trolling I certainly won't hesitate to point it out to them (and PB2), as I have done before.

So in this instance I'm just jumping at shadows but like I said it doesn't hurt to be reminded.

I take your point and thoroughly agree with you. It doesn't take much for some negative feedback, or healthy debate to turn into personal insults and abuse, which are obviously the starting point for trolling.

As long as we all remember why we signed up to the forum in the first place, and remember that we're all home brewers trying to share our knowledge and experience, it's all for the best.

Nothing wrong with a little humour, even at the expense of others, but we all need to remember to to stop before it gets nasty.[cool]

Archived