Coopers Community

Craig Tube

ash

I like Craig. He's a bit odd at times with his brewing methods but they work for him and many others (me included). His JTV casts are a bit of fun and I DO like the record playing, very cool. I just see him as a guy simply trying to make good beer with little effort and cost. Now lets agree that that's half the reason most of us get into the home brewing thing in the first place. But with Craig he is just sharing the experience with us, as well as other thing that may also interest us, mead,wine, cider and music ect. People shouldn't knock him, he is just out to make it all lighthearted and fun about the whole home brewing thing. Maybe Hairy should do a HBW cast along with the other Home Brewing Police?

I've given my opinion on the other Craig threads but I'll just say that he annoys me. I'm sure he may be a nice guy and as long as he (and others) enjoy what he is doing then good luck to him.

I just didn't get into it but what really turned me off was when he was reviewing a beer that had been in the bottle for about a week [pinched] . That is kind of like reviewing a cake before you've baked it!

I've got nothing against Craig, I have just never got into his videos.

To be honest, I find the majority of home brewing videos quite boring but that is probably more to do with my short attention span.

But I'm interested in hearing more about the home brewing police. When I was younger I always wanted to be policeman but it was far too dangerous for me. Perhaps this is my calling (provided there isn't a fitness test) [biggrin]

I must say that I like craigtube, although more for the entertainment value as I wonder what he's going to break next.

Recently I've been looking at homebrew with big secue videos because he tries som really odd stuff like raisin beer, hopped cider, tomato wine, freeze jacking, breing from commercial fruit jouice, etc. and it seems to break down some of the satandardised rules of home brew.

or as he puts brewing:

'It would be an interesting experiment, and that's what it's all about. it not necessarily about something that tastes good... it might turn out great... you dont know'

Dude's honest.

After all, if we wanted standard brew, we'd just piss off and buy swill.

It's a hobby, so might as well have some fun and adventure.

I reckon this has movie potential.

Home Brew Police Academy should be good for a film and seven sequels.

We might be able to tempt Steve Guttenberg to make an appearance (probably an improvement on what he is currently doing).

Cool pic Muddy. [cool]

I actually viewed my father in a similar pose along the river Murray many years ago on the banks in Renmark, when the locals decided to do a similar thing whilst he was sleeping. [biggrin]

Anthony.

• 2 weeks later...

i know im new to this site etc but i found craig ok to be honest...he makes his videos easy to follow....and for a newbie its very handy to have something visual to look at...some of us cant read that good also. lol at least he has a sense of humour i reckon. cheers

If I am being honest, I have only seen a couple of minutes of Craig Tube.

I have nothing against him and I really haven't seen enough to form an opinion. I just like to stir everyone up. He seems to have some passionate followers.

I saw Craig's vid about the DIY kit and that is how I ended up here so it is the good news bad news thing.

good for me

thats the video that got me here too....so craig has a conspiracy going on....bringing us into the fold

bad for you guys

[biggrin]

i will say he gives noobs the confidence to try HB

I saw Craig's vid about the DIY kit and that is how I ended up here so it is the good news bad news thing.

good for me

thats the video that got me here too....so craig has a conspiracy going on....bringing us into the fold

bad for you guys

[biggrin]

That's waht I said [biggrin]

CraigTube got me started in Coopers homebrew so would never have made up a kit if it was not for his vids and still find the reviews educational. If Craig's reading this just a big thanks for getting me started.

I've watched a few of his online videos. He's a regular bloke doing a great job of promoting home brewing.

For most of his videos I'm sure he either does them straight "off the cuff" or only does a small amount of prior reading to research the subject. I like the fact that he'll have a crack at anything & as a presenter, he speaks very clearly & in a language that everyone can understand.

I do like seeing his mishaps, they are always good for a giggle, & I also get a chuckle out of the start of most of his posts where he has a HUGE imperial pint of something he's swilling away on whilst demonstrating. [biggrin]

Good on ya Craig!

Anthony.

good for me

bad for you guys

[biggrin]

That's waht I said [biggrin]

sorry for cutting in on your text maniac....was still learning how to use this forum..apologies[roll]

Archived