Coopers Community

The 'Oils'

Canadian Eh!L

Agreed on the 80s fashion[lol] Most of that was terrible. Judas Priest sorta lost their way a bit when Halford wasn't there. He released a couple of solo albums during that time that sounded more like Priest than Priest did. I think Maiden's output has been consistently good throughout their career, although like all bands they obviously have their standout records and the lesser ones. I have all their albums, but I might be a little biased since they're my favourite band[lol] I guess it's all personal taste, I am a guitarist myself so I tend to like the more interesting and complex riffs and song structures that metal bands are known for.

Hey Muddy,

Check out 'The Tallest Man On Earth'. He's good![cool]

Not a fan I'm afraid Chad.

What do you think of Xavier Rudd? He's act from Oz that has pasted through town a few years ago and has left a lasting impression with us.

Now you're talking! Love Xavier!!

Acca Dacca love their hits from both the Bon and Brian years but the rest is just filler....live though I'm sure they kick arse.

Iron Maiden and Judas Priest never really appealed to me. I kinda progressed through the Doors and Led Zep to Guns N Roses (Slash still rocks), Metallica, Soundgarden(amazing live), Pearl Jam (also always amazing live), RATM and Ben Harper. Love lots of other music but these acts probably form my sonic foundation.

Of course Muddy Waters can hold a tune too [innocent]

• 4 weeks later...
Hey Lusty,

I can't agree with you more when it come to ACDC. I've never seen them live but I can just imagine.[w00t]

What do you think of Xavier Rudd? He's act from Oz that has pasted through town a few years ago and has left a lasting impression with us.

I have 2 of Xavier's CD's. [cool]

"Let Me Be", would be my fav.

Yeah he's very talented. Anyone who can sit there & play guitar, harmonica & a didgeridoo all by himself is alright in my book.

Anthony.

G'day Chad

Have you listened to a snoozer called Colin James he is from your neck of the woods.

Hey Ed,

Welcome to the Guild!

Colin James is a great blues man hailing out of the Canadian praries. He has been playing with a big band for the last while. I listen and enjoy James when I'm listening to the classic rock station. I don't have any of his stuff in my personal collection.

I went to see Death Angel a few years ago and I reckon I was probably the youngest bloke there at the age of 32![lol] [lol]

Was good to see I wasn't the only one who had lost their hair and gained a beer gut! So many flannelette shirts, so many tight jeans. Such old school music.

Think it's nearly time the neighbours woke up to some Warbringer \\m/ [ninja] [ninja] [ninja] [devil] [devil] [devil]

Archived