Coopers Community

Harold Schlumberg - An Inspiration To Us All

Tricky

Harold Schlumberg - An Inspiration To Us All

As we get older we sometimes begin to doubt our ability to "make a difference" in the world. It is at these times that our hopes are boosted by the remarkable achievements of other "seniors" who have found the courage to take on challenges that would make many of us wither.

Harold Schlumberg is such a person.

HaroldSchlumberg.jpg

He explained, "I've often been asked, 'What do you old folks do now that you're retired?' "

\u201cWell, I'm fortunate to have a chemical engineering background, and one of the things I enjoy most is turning beer, wine, and other alcoholic beverages into urine.\u201d

Harold should be an inspiration to all of us.

[roll] [bandit] [biggrin] [cool]

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

[sideways] If Harold got rid of his moustache he'd look a lot younger...

I've got a theory about a link between beer making and longevity. I wonder how a trial might be setup to test this theory??

• 10 years later...

God Bless you Harold for the work you do

Why is it that as soon as you turn 65 you are expected to retire and the whole world thinks you are a freak if you don't. Not only do people think you are incapacitated as soon as you reach retirement, they also think you are of no use to the rest of the world.
I never even thought about retiring when I reached 65, and here I am, 77 years old and still working. I certainly AM NOT DONE nor am I ready to be fitted for a pine box
Retirement is over rated.
Why aren't people that have gained the knowledge of their years and the life experiences they have acquired not out there sharing this with others? There are people that need the advice and mentoring our generation can provide. It's a shame to take all that to your final resting place without having given the advantage of our life experiences to people who are open and willing to accept them?