Coopers Community

sauce banter

THIRSTY MATT

hi all!

for philby n anyone else in sydney, ive finally found the "beerenberg coopers ale sauce" in sydney.

they stock it at a butcher in the industrial area of arndell park near blacktown!

vangeli street,,turn into street n its about 100m up on right.

i have tried all supermarkets n couldnt find it anywhere.

also:

ITS BLOODY BEAUTIFUL!!

REAL FRUITY BBQ SAUCE THAT ALSO TASTES LIKE BEER!

YOU CAN REALLY TASTE THE BEER IN IT!

philby....vangeli st runs off holbeche rd,it has take away shop on the corner!

cheers

matt

If you like oysters - do the Oysters Coopatrick (ale sauce replaces worcestershire) :wink:

Oysters Coopatrick!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Thirsty Matt, cheers for the word on that damn elusive sauce. You're far more resourceful than I've been, although I must admit to hanging about the big stores and being disappointed each time - Coles & Woolies need a flogging - or at least the sales rep for Beerenburg in Sydney's Western region does........

I know the street and will visit soon - oh and the Oysters Coopatrick will be a good start for use of said sauce.......

Cheers to all.

all good philby!

ill look out for anyone buying it when im there.

if we spot each other we can head across the highway to eastern creek tavern n have pale ales on tap........if ya missus whinges just tell her im paul burge from coopers and she wil probably let you off the hook!! :lol: :lol:

cheers

matt

• 1 month later...

Finally - all sauced up and saucy !!!!

Thanks Thirsty Matt - I finally got my sauce(s) from Glowmeat, the butcher you mentioned - got good prices on the meat too, just quietly - and bought two bottles, just in case........

Used it for an Australia Day BBQ on lamb - and you know what - it IS better than most BBQ sauces, with that extra Pale Ale flavour the others simply could never compete with.

Now I know where to get it, let's hope they'll still stock it when I run out - at $4.00 a bottle, it was reasonably priced too.

Cheers to you again.

Archived