Coopers Community

trip to the 'smoke'

rossm

I had a quick trip to Adelaide for a couple of nights, a) it was good to see so many pubs with a Coopers sign on the door b) both the pub we stayed at, and the show we went to had an abundance of pale on tap, the show at the entertainment centre was best because the grog was supplied for nuthin'. Sadly a lot of places in the territory have contracts with CUB and don't have any real good beer on tap. (or in stubbies for that matter.)

G'day Paul,

No when the Club night was on I was camped under a Mulga tree 200Km from Alice on the Sandover highway in a blackfella community, trying to make a quid wiring up some camps ready for the power! The show I saw was actually an electrical trade night hosted by MMEM, an electrical wholesaler, but that was followed by a bi annual ghala dinner with a pretty impressive floor show, there was something like 800 people attending, so she was a pretty reasonable show and the pale flowed freely!

Ross.

• 2 weeks later...
Sadly a lot of places in the territory have contracts with CUB and don't have any real good beer on tap. (or in stubbies for that matter.)

You are right, however it is slowly making it's way in. The Cavenagh, Casuarina Club and The Deck bar just to name a few have it on tap. Yes they are in Darwin and you are probably talking about out of town places, but it is around.

Archived