Coopers Community

Coopers fv's ?

Do Coopers actually sell the fv's without having to buy the full start up kit?

ive never seen them other in the starters kit?

Not sure Nedster, but at $90 with 30 PETs plus a brew kit, i think you would be better off anyway.

Do Coopers actually sell the fv's without having to buy the full start up kit?

ive never seen them other in the starters kit?

Not sure Nedster, but at $90 with 30 PETs plus a brew kit, i think you would be better off anyway.

yeah now you mention it it is worfth it i guess...i was going to get another fv but i really like the look of the new set up with the collar etc.......i was just beinmg aq tightass...might save up while im away seeing i wont be drinking much for a few weeks

Ned' date=' the new one's in the Kit for $90 do have the removable Krausen Collar. If you could buy the FV separately, i reckon it would be over $50[biggrin']

yes i noticed that...i just thought 95.00 when i could buy another one for 30.00 but it was a brew cellar type...i reckon they would be too tall for the fridge.....yup im gunna buy a coopers kit..i was gunna switch to pet bottles anyhow...thanks Nick ya convinced me lol

weyll have to get ya butt down here for a drink some day

[biggrin]

I continue to lobby the Marketing Manager about selling DIY Beer FVs (and other bits of kit) separately. I think he's not far away from saying "YES" - if it does happen, it will probably be online sales to start with. [biggrin]

Bloody great idea Paul. I have hydrometers, bottles, sanitiser, etc coming out the wazoo, but if I broke one of my FVs I would love to give one of the new Coopers ones a go without buying all the other stuff. My bottling vessel is one of the old Coopers FVs and I absolutely love it. [love]

I have a brew cellar FV as well as the old Coopers FV with the green lid. I bought the brewcellar one from my LHBS so I could ferment in that and bulk prime in my old one. Same reason as Phil, I didn't want all the other stuff - just the FV. As for the fridge, without the shelving in there it fits in with plenty of room, I've got one of those really old GM "Frigidaire" ones! The only thing I don't really like about it is the tap design, it tends to lend itself to collecting more trub than it needs to.

[lol]

I'm pretty sure it's a Coopers one but I dunno. A friend gave it to Dad about ten years ago. I like the new one I have with the clear lid though because I can see what's happening inside.

I would really like to buy just the FV. I got everything else with the kit so I don't need it. I leave my brew in the PV for three weeks bulk prime and gently stir, wait an hour, then bottle. The trub is set up so well that it is easy to do without getting the beer cloudy

I continue to lobby the Marketing Manager about selling DIY Beer FVs (and other bits of kit) separately. I think he's not far away from saying "YES" - if it does happen' date=' it will probably be online sales to start with. [biggrin']

thats kool Paul...i guess now ive REALLY checked it out properly the coopers kit is by a long way more value than any of the others it just seemed i never had 95.00 to spare as swmbo said you get another fv you still got to get gear to go with it.....buti reckon seperate fv's would maybe keep Coopers faithful with coopers and not having ppl wander off to other fv's etc..my homebrew shop has Brew Cellar gear seperate, he sells a good variety of beer kits etc it sort of had me looking through that gear. im sticking with Coopers cos i really lioke the look of the new fv's.the idea of being able to suss out the wort without lifting the lid seems a great idea...especially for stickybeak brewers like me. [lol] ,cheers Ned

Bunnings have FVs for less than $20 Ned. Of course they suggest they are for storing water or something crazy like that [whistling

ill look at those for sure.....to be honest i DONT own a coopers fv...mine is an old brigalow fv...i quite like it but when i saw the new coopers fv i must have one lol. Ive only ever in 8 years of swill brewing technique used coopers except for one time of using a tohheys draught...i just think i owe it to coopers to get an fv off them if im gunna annoy everyone on the forums [biggrin]

my fv's for 8 years were and i still use 60litre tubs the ones with the screw on lid and handles each side...im gunna use them after i get home so i can get in front with my brewing....ill try put down a couple of double batches of K&K for swilling purposes then i ll use my beloved 30litre fv's for the YOBSTER[biggrin] [cool] [lol] SPECIAL ALES

Bunnings have FVs for less than $20 Ned. Of course they suggest they are for storing water or something crazy like that [whistling

well i went to bunnings today but i couldnt see anything like a fv there......mind you its a small bunnings so next time i go to Nowra ill call in and have a look.......wouldnt mind a couple of smaller ones round the place ..But im definitley buying myself a Coopers starter kit...its only fair to be loyal to the "mother company" [biggrin] then after i buy that tightass instincts will take hold lol

muddy can you post a pic of the fv from bunnings? p.s i been keeping an eye out for unwanted gifts on ebay but by the time you do the postage thing etc ya may as well go to bigw and buy a kit

Archived