Coopers Community

Big W Price Rise

jasond4

Just pick up some Coopers stuff at Big W and noticed a bit of a price rise.

Coopers Aussie Pale is now $13.66, was about $12.40..give or take, and BE2 was up about 40 cents.

HAPPY 150th BIRTHDAY COOPERS....or is this to cover the cost of your acquisition of Mr Beer?

Nice one....[rightful]

I've been getting all of mine from LHBS lately anyway. I know it's a couple bucks more, but he needs the business and you don't get the kind of service, advice, or support from Big W that you do from them.

Plus, the last few times I've bought from Big W, it looks like the night fillers had played "lets kick the cans of concentrate into the home brew aisle from half a store away" to stock the shelves.

We're still getting it reasonably cheap compared to people buying their beer from the grog shop, and compared to the way the cost of everything else is going up we haven't seen that much of a hike.

Just my two cents [cool]

I have been getting a bit worried lately with Coles dipping out of homebrew all together, Woolies stocking minimal gear, K-mart cutting right back and big-W never having much stock. There has been a breakthrough Big-W Tea Tree Plaza has been stocking up lately [lol] [kissing] [love] [biggrin] . I went there the other day and they had 8 x 500gms ldm so being a greedy bugger I took 6 home, I went there again yesterday and they had restocked so took home more LDM and they finaly got in some European Lager WOOHOO[biggrin] [cool] [lol] [kissing] [joyful] [innocent] [happy] [love] [roll] . I am drinking third PET at the moment so sorry for any errors. Happy days are here again Big-w TTP are realising home-brewers are people too. BUT and it is a big but too many tins are dented and I won't buy dented tins, not worth the risk. Again I say WOOHOO WOOHOOOOOO [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol]

Sorry I was a bit off topic just a minute ago. It is still a good buy even with them putting prices up. went to my local HBS yesterday because my heaterbelt has just pooped itself and checked out the prices on their cans of LME and Coopers is still a bargain in comparison and not to sound too sucky Coopers is bloody good!!![love] [love] [love] [love] [love] [love]

Same with Parabanks in Salisbury man. Like I said, haven't bought there for a while, but Parabanks always has the entire International Series along with all BEs and LDM. Having said that, they are always dented, and after the recent price rise, the bloke down at BrewMaker in Holden Hill has got them all for only a buck or two more. Not only that, but he's happy to sit back and say things like "Now, I remember the great hop shortage of 1997. I was wearing my favourite blue shirt... yadda yadda yadda." I want to stress again that you don't get this kind of camaraderie or support from Big W. [rightful]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

i'm only new to this stuff but the way i think is BIGW are gunna be there wether we buy hbs there or not.

i've bought all my stuff from homebrew shops.

some are cheaper than others but at the end of the day the LHBS NEEDS TO BE PATRONISED if they are going to be around when you want something simple for your gear or brew

MY2CENTS

KEN

Archived